Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will being an AU benefit me?

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Will being an AU benefit me?

@SwiftTone wrote:

Interesting interesting. I am a bit reluctant in doing this now.

If I do go ahead and do it, and the result ended up being what I wasn't not hoping for. I can just be taken off the AU account right? Then I can dispute it with the CRA to delete it off my CR?

Do you guys think I should go ahead and do it?

I don't think that it could hurt you to be added as an AU ~ unless the reported balance on the new card significantly increases your overall utilization.    Do you know what his usual monthly balances are on this card ?

And yes if you change your mind later you can always have Chase remove you from the card as an AU.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 15
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I will think about it a bit more.

Just realized after reading a bit on the forums that AAoA is for all accounts. My AAoA for open accounts is 1year 7 months, but my AAoA for all accounts is 3-4 years.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 12 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You are correct that AAoA factors in both open & closed accounts ~ definately take a look to see if it would help your AAoA before you decide...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@johnnie198x wrote:

It won't hurt you to be AU on his card (given perfect payment + low util). It really depends on the analyst to whether consider the fact that you're only an AU.

This is also true.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

Interesting interesting. I am a bit reluctant in doing this now.

If I do go ahead and do it, and the result ended up being what I wasn't not hoping for. I can just be taken off the AU account right? Then I can dispute it with the CRA to delete it off my CR?

Do you guys think I should go ahead and do it?

You can remove yourself from AU status at anytime.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.