cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will combining Cap1 cards interfere with steps?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will combining Cap1 cards interfere with steps?

The original post of 'interfering with steps' is what has me. Accounts normally can't be combined until after 6 months old, which would be after credit steps kicks in
Message 11 of 14
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

The card my mom is thinking about closing is over 6 months old. The card that it's being combined into doesn't have to be over 6 months old.so she is eligible.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's in the fine print when you go to the combination screen - it specifically discloses that the account combo 'counts' as a CLI and will make you ineligible for increases for 6 months, including automatic increase programs you may have been enrolled in at issuance - in other words, no steps if you combine

Message 13 of 14
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@rmduhon wrote:
The card my mom is thinking about closing is over 6 months old. The card that it's being combined into doesn't have to be over 6 months old.so she is eligible.

It makes no sense to combine a no-AF, older card into a younger, lower-tier + AF card. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.