Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Amex BCE ever report !?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will my Amex BCE ever report !?

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Amex is known to be slow to report. If it were me, I'd be happy that they haven't reported! Hidden TL! Smiley Tongue

LOL. True! Same here.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in nearly exactly the same boat--my BCE is 4 days past its 2nd statement cut date (both with balances), and hasn't reported anywhere yet. I don't mind at all though; it'll report when it reports, and it's not like it makes a long term difference.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm waitng for my amex everyday and my bbva nba amex to report my highest tradeline. Utilization is under 20% but I sure could use the tradelines.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

What i think happens is amex deoesnt report until you have a balance to report at closing date, i think. I may be wrong. At least when you first get the card. I had my BCE and showed zero bal for the first two statements. The moment i showed a balance at statement closing it was reported to the bureau. Perhaps someone else can confirm?

I actually had a high balance on my first statement due to the fact that it was a new card and i did not know when the statement would cut off, and i had about $800 on a $1000 card, and i was mad as it was not paid off before statement cut off, but even with that balance, i am going towards my second statement (which will be the first full statement btw) and it still has not reported. If it was before, i would freak out, but now i am actually happy because 1- Hidden Trade Line Smiley Happy 2- The later they report, the older the account will be, i wish they would wait till around 6 months mark, so it will not be considered as a new account by fico, and drop my score.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why is it some of you dont want it to report?  Im thinking cause it has a high balance?    I want mine to report to up my amount of trade lines and the utilization will be very helpful to me ..

In my case it is not the balance, i pay them off every month anyway. I just would rather AmEx report it by the 6th statement because fico will not consider it as New Account after 6 months. Therefore it will have a bigger positive impact on my credit score.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.