Regular Contributor
pozativelyliving

Will my recent approvals equal more/better pre-approvals?

I had a sucessful week last week. One pre-approved card with Merrick Bank and then 3 cold apps with decent approvals. Based on experience, do you think I'll start seeing more pre-approved offers coming in and if so, do you think they will be better than the sub-prime that I've been receiving over the last year (like Merrick Bank and Credit One)?  I usually toss most of them. I'll consider ones that have a 25 day grace period after the statement closes. If they start charging interest from the purchase date, the offer is in the trash! 

Will be tossing all but lower interest and higher limit offers now.

EX 638 (Lender 9/1) TA 650(Walmart 9/1) EQ 655 (FICO - 9/17)
Goal - 700 Club in '13!!!

My Wallet - Cap 1 - $300. Cap 1 - $750. Orchard - $950.
New as of 8/29 - Target - $3000. Barclay's - $2000. Merrick - $1000. Walmart $600. And as of 9/22 - JCP $200.
Valued Contributor
tcbofade

Re: Will my recent approvals equal more/better pre-approvals?

With four new accounts showing up shortly, I expect your pre approvals to stop appearing for a while.

Those that you get, you won't want.

Give it a good six months, or even a year, and then you should start getting the preapprovals for the cards that you want. 

Current Scores: EX 671 (FCR) TU08: 648 Wally (TU08). 08/29/14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until 01 November 2014.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+