cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will new Amex report my old account's age?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will new Amex report my old account's age?

Yesterday I applied and was approved the Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card.  I immediately created an online account and it said "Member Since 2017".  Today I signed-in to start understanding the benefits and noticed that it now says, "Member Since 1993".  Apparently, I was matched to my old account that has not been active since about the year 2000.  When the new account reports to the bureaus will it use 1993 date, changing the age of my oldest account? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will new Amex report my old account's age?

They no longer backdate on the CRA's that ended along time ago.. Your card will show MSD, but that means nothing

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

They no longer backdate on the CRA's that ended along time ago.. Your card will show MSD, but that means nothing

MSD?

Message 3 of 7
805orbust
Valued Contributor

It'll use the new date. Amex used to backdate but stopped a little over a year ago. Sucks too. Mine says member since 1987, but shows 2016 at the bureaus. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

MSD?

Member Since Date.. Only will show on the front of card and online Amex Portal

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If only I had a nickle....
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have searched the forum before I created a thread on this topic.  It's been discussed already.  I am too excited about my approval.  I still can not believe it!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.