cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will paying off balance EVERY month improve credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will paying off balance EVERY month improve credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

PTR,  Not to sound like an idiot, but I am new to this and I have been wondering.

How did you put my previous post into your reply???

Click Reply, then on the top right of the new screen there is a "Quote" button.

Message 11 of 13
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PTR,  Not to sound like an idiot, but I am new to this and I have been wondering.

How did you put my previous post into your reply???

Click Reply, then on the top right of the new screen there is a "Quote" button.

Ahh, neat!

EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't carry a balance, you'll get charged interest! Your credit score is not affected by whether or not you revolve a balance, that information isn't even reported to the credit bureaus.

Incorrect, you don't pay interest if your interest rate is 0% (OP said 7 months) and your balance is reported each month. 

Having a low balance (0-9%) and only one card reporting a balance will help your score month to month.  

My bad, I missed the 0% interest.

OP: To clarify my post, revolving a balance is not reported to the credit bureau. There is no need to carry a balance. Your statement balance will be reported to the bureaus, but whether or not you are paying in full or paying less than full has no bearing on your credit score or is even listed in your reports.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.