cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will secured discover card still graduate with a bk?

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Will secured discover card still graduate with a bk?

I've got a secured discover card, $1000 limit, heavy daily usage, but always reports with 0-5% util. I had a 569 score when approved, and it's up now to 660-670, depending on what they pull. My 7th statement is going to post at beginning of may. Does anyone with a recent bk have experience with graduating? When I hit 7 months with discover, my bk discharge will only be 9 months old. I'm not too concerned with it graduating, but it would be nice, and I think I've done well the past 6 months with it.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Will secured discover card still graduate with a bk?

My sister filed CH7 last year. March 2016 is the Discharge date. 3 months later she was approved for an unsecured Disco @ 2k SL. I would say your chances are good. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 2 of 4
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@jason0618 wrote:
I've got a secured discover card, $1000 limit, heavy daily usage, but always reports with 0-5% util. I had a 569 score when approved, and it's up now to 660-670, depending on what they pull. My 7th statement is going to post at beginning of may. Does anyone with a recent bk have experience with graduating? When I hit 7 months with discover, my bk discharge will only be 9 months old. I'm not too concerned with it graduating, but it would be nice, and I think I've done well the past 6 months with it.

Yes it can still graduate... you may be slower with the CLIs however... Still will probably get one after it graduates..... YMMV of course... 

Discover used to require 2 years post BK to apply at one point... unsecured..  your near/at/exceeded the score they usually want before graduating but ... you do have the BK and it may also be a little delayed.. But you have a good chance of graduating mid may... but dont be dissapointed if it takes an extra month or two...

-J

Message 3 of 4
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Easy enough. Just didn't want to get punched in the face with a four year wait or something. Lol
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.