Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Duck live?

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Will the Duck live?

2 years 5 months ago, I was approved for the Oregon Duck card with a 5k, limit did various BT offers with it, and put small purchases on it from time to time.  Made more than double or tripple the payments on it, the card never was without a balance reporting, i know blasphemy. Today I sent in a payment that paid off the card, the question is will they cancel my card, like so many others. No lates on the duck card ever, No lates or derogs on my reports, AAoA is 3.5 years or more depending on the report, my fico reports scores as 716, 721, and 742,  UTL of 16%, with one card over 50%, the rest are all under 30%. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will the Duck live?

If you have survived till this time, I highly doubt your account will be closed.

Message 2 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have survived till this time, I highly doubt your account will be closed.

+1

If your Duck made it this far you should be clear sailing the rest of the way. Smiley Very Happy

I think they pretty much cut the cord on about everybody else. I closed mine before that last trim job.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

If your Duck made it this far you should be clear sailing the rest of the way. Smiley Very Happy

I think they pretty much cut the cord on about everybody else. I closed mine before that last trim job.

Agree wth CreditMagic an YIM.  If you've come this far then it appears it may stick around for a while.  I closed mine last summer as well.  It was a nice Beaver.

Message 4 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ahhhh, (sighs).....oh how I miss the duck days, lol...Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

It was a frenzy alright.  I remember the early application days when one OP followed by Ron and a couple others flocked to Beavermania and Duckmania!  All was dandy for the first few months.  I went overseas and took a break from MF and came back months later to find out that a OCCU accounts massacre had occurred.  It was surreal and priceless at the same time.  I only had the Beaver one, but some folks had both.

Message 6 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

It was a frenzy alright.  I remember the early application days when one OP followed by Ron and a couple others flocked to Beavermania and Duckmania!  All was dandy for the first few months.  I went overseas and took a break from MF and came back months later to find out that a OCCU accounts massacre had occurred.  It was surreal and priceless at the same time.  I only had the Beaver one, but some folks had both.

yep...have been thru all the duck and beaver hysteria,..Im so glad they never approved me! LOL...I would have been shut down anyways....just a matter of time...but, those limits!!! ahhhhh, the SL's....those were something else too!

Message 7 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

They approved me at the time with a 639 Equifax.

I wouldn't have approved me with that score.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.