cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the same lender give out multiple cards in a short time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the same lender give out multiple cards in a short time?

If I recently got a CITI diamond preferred card, and wanted to apply for the double cash card or whatever it's called, then do I stand a chance? Do lenders usually hesitate between giving out multiple cards in a short time frame (1-2 months)?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will the same lender give out multiple cards in a short time?

It is definitely possible. I was approved for the Chase Freedom and Chase AARP two weeks apart... and even better,  they didn't hard pull me again...but YMMV based on your stats as well as how conservative the lender is. 

Message 2 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If I recently got a CITI diamond preferred card, and wanted to apply for the double cash card or whatever it's called, then do I stand a chance? Do lenders usually hesitate between giving out multiple cards in a short time frame (1-2 months)?

I got an amex prg and amex bcp in the same day. Citi will let you do it as well but they require the apps to be a bit spaced out:  1 Citi app or card of any kind per 8 days and 2 Citi cards or apps of any kind per 65 days seems to be the pattern from the data. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an amex prg and amex bcp in the same day. Citi will let you do it as well but they require the apps to be a bit spaced out:  1 Citi app or card of any kind per 8 days and 2 Citi cards or apps of any kind per 65 days seems to be the pattern from the data. 

I've successfully double barreled AMEX and Chase.

AMEX PRG + ED in August, Single EX inquiry.

Chase SWA + CSP in October, Single EX inquiry.

Chase Freedom + Marriott in November, Single EX inquiry.

Message 4 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish citi or barclays let you do that , i would do citi DC/premeir or arrival+/SM 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish citi or barclays let you do that , i would do citi DC/premeir or arrival+/SM 

I think I know the reason why my US Airways was an instant approval. I was initially put on pending status for the SM, then reconned my way into an approval. So their system did not read it the same way it would have read another instant approval.

If the SM had been an instapproval, I would have had to recon the US Airways the same way the wife had to recon the Arrival+

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get two cards in a single inq?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How do you get two cards in a single inq?

Apply in doubles with certain lenders.

Message 8 of 11
waters
Regular Contributor

Got my chase freedom a month ago. Today prequal said I can get the slate...

A month ago it wasn't available and bridge my freedom neither was available.

Didn't bite on the state.. Don't need any other cards now so gardening for 10 months or so when my 0‰s are up. Then might bite the bullet for a card with a 0‰ introductory rate.
6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 9 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@waters wrote:
Got my chase freedom a month ago. Today prequal said I can get the slate...

A month ago it wasn't available and bridge my freedom neither was available.

Didn't bite on the state.. Don't need any other cards now so gardening for 10 months or so when my 0‰s are up. Then might bite the bullet for a card with a 0‰ introductory rate.

i personally wouldn't bite unless you really really need an BT card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.