Frequent Contributor
ChemGuy

Will the same strategy work for Citi?

Long story short:  680 scores across the board.  About half-dozen negatives from college years (5-7 years)

Opened a Chase savings and checking ($30K).  Applied for the card and denied.  Reconned, pointing to the fact that I had 30K balance in accounts.  Got 3K Freedom card on recon.

I previously had a Citibank card that went negative and was paid after close.  I tried to reapply some years later, but I was denied due to derogatory credit file. Tried to recon, but the kept claiming that I never provided a copy of my credit report.  Seems odd.  Anyway, maybe I'm just blacklisted?

I would like to get back in bed with Citi, but will only do so if they would service all accounts (savings, checking and a credit card).

I wonder if I open a citi account with 30K if the same kind of strategy would work.  The fact is I have plenty of money, but my credit history is just on the cusp of recovery.  No bad marks in 6 years....but still have those bad marks from 6 years ago.  

Valued Member
USCP111

Re: Will the same strategy work for Citi?

I dont know about 30k. I do know with Citi that if you open with 100K and establish a Citigold relationship that they push for a credit card as well. Citi has become more conservative in the recent months, so I wouldn't  put all my eggs in one basket like that. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+