Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will they reduce my limit?

tag
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Will they reduce my limit?

I've worked very hard to build up a strong wallet - I've got about 80k CL between about half a dozen cards.   I'm staying responsible and doing what I can to keep my credit score on the incline. Our family only spends a couple grand a month in expenses, and I favor one card in particular because of the rewards program.  I never carry balances.  

Will the lenders start dropping my CL randomly?    I have been using each card at least once per quarter for small purchases so keep the accounts alive, but will a bank let me keep my 10k limit when I'm only charging a hundred bucks to the card once every few months?  Or do I need to have a drastic change - like income change or score drop - for them to freak out and pull my limit?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will they reduce my limit?

@Hevj1119 wrote:

I've worked very hard to build up a strong wallet - I've got about 80k CL between about half a dozen cards.   I'm staying responsible and doing what I can to keep my credit score on the incline. Our family only spends a couple grand a month in expenses, and I favor one card in particular because of the rewards program.  I never carry balances.  

Will the lenders start dropping my CL randomly?    I have been using each card at least once per quarter for small purchases so keep the accounts alive, but will a bank let me keep my 10k limit when I'm only charging a hundred bucks to the card once every few months?  Or do I need to have a drastic change - like income change or score drop - for them to freak out and pull my limit?

You have nothing to worry about.  Lenders don't drop limits 'randomly'.  Just use the cards responsibly and you'll be fine

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will they reduce my limit?

I'd imagine it would only make it more difficult to get CLIs.

I'm running into the same problem now with too many cards (never thought I'd say that!). 

Definitely spread the love around, but I'd use the ones you most want to get CLIs from in the future more heavily.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.