Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this help?

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Will this help?

Back in the day I had a few 1st Premier cards, the limits were low and the fees were high but we all know that already.  I had a few lates on those cards over the year or so I had them (as high as 90 day).  Both 1st Premier cards are due to fall off next month, along with a car loan that had a couple 30 day lates on it.  Will this help my score at all or isnt it factored in anymore?

I guess I was wondering if it affected getting new cards and better limits or if it wouldnt matter anymore?  I'm looking to replace a few cards with others, and I'm just wondering if those lates will help at all? 

Thanks for any advice

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Will this help?

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

Back in the day I had a few 1st Premier cards, the limits were low and the fees were high but we all know that already.  I had a few lates on those cards over the year or so I had them (as high as 90 day).  Both 1st Premier cards are due to fall off next month, along with a car loan that had a couple 30 day lates on it.  Will this help my score at all or isnt it factored in anymore?

I guess I was wondering if it affected getting new cards and better limits or if it wouldnt matter anymore?  I'm looking to replace a few cards with others, and I'm just wondering if those lates will help at all? 

Thanks for any advice

It may not help your score much but it will help alot with new approvals

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 3
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Will this help?

@-Wade- wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

Thanks for any advice

It may not help your score much but it will help alot with new approvals

Thats awesome news, thanks Wade!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.