cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this method correctly remove a Macy's Account that is negatively affecting my credit score??

tag
blairwilkins

Will this method correctly remove a Macy's Account that is negatively affecting my credit score??

In 2006 I moved and thought I paid off my Macy's credit card. I ended up finding out 9 months later that I had 8 delinquent payments and wracked over $300 in late fees. I paid off the account with a collections agency; however, this is the ONLY account showing up negatively affecting my credit score.

I have successfuly rebuilt my credit score from a 520 in 2006 to a healthier 695 as of January 2010. I have tried disputing, but have been unsuccessful. I was thinking about applying for a Macy's Credit Card and establishing a brand new track record with them, but I am unsure if both accounts will show or just the brand new one???

Does anyone know if Macy's would stop reporting old account for the new one? Or will both accounts show up??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will this method correctly remove a Macy's Account that is negatively affecting my credit score?

Was it a store card or a Macy's visa card? If it was a store card the only way to open a new account is to open a VISA with them but it will not delete your old TL. However you can call and ask them to reopen the old account they are usually OK with it, they will pull your report though. 

@blairwilkins wrote:

In 2006 I moved and thought I paid off my Macy's credit card. I ended up finding out 9 months later that I had 8 delinquent payments and wracked over $300 in late fees. I paid off the account with a collections agency; however, this is the ONLY account showing up negatively affecting my credit score.

I have successfuly rebuilt my credit score from a 520 in 2006 to a healthier 695 as of January 2010. I have tried disputing, but have been unsuccessful. I was thinking about applying for a Macy's Credit Card and establishing a brand new track record with them, but I am unsure if both accounts will show or just the brand new one???

Does anyone know if Macy's would stop reporting old account for the new one? Or will both accounts show up??

Message Edited by howhow16 on 02-21-2010 11:02 AM
Message 2 of 4
alph4
Regular Contributor

Re: Will this method correctly remove a Macy's Account that is negatively affecting my credit score?

You can always try a Goodwill letter.
Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Message 3 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

i don't think they will stop reporting the old one.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.