cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will updating your salary get you a better CLI with Capital One?

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will updating your salary get you a better CLI with Capital One?

@bodyboy1 wrote:
Yes!, Congratulations!

Thanks 

Message 11 of 15
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@akula wrote:
I doubt it has any impact. If you were the lender, would you belive what was inputted? I certainly would not raise an individuals CL without verification. We all know a lot of people have a problem with embellishment.

They are more likely to look at your other limits and your history with all lenders.

I called in and spoke with a manager and asked her what are the benefits of updating my salary constantly and she said that it helps them determine the credit limit increase they give you.  She also said that they verified my salary recently and ask did I want to adjust so I did.  

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

15000 is a significant increase I would change all of them. If you are store card user I notice just popping them up 500 bucks and just updating your contact info gives out computer auto increases quite often.

Going back to big salary increase you should use a large bank or credit union in your favor to apply for a line of credit which makes your portfolio much stronger then just credit cards jumping up
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another question. Sorry to hi jack. Do you guys/ gals report income before or after taxes?

Message 14 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Another question. Sorry to hi jack. Do you guys/ gals report income before or after taxes?

Gross income, so before taxes

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.