cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we see the Ritz 140k before Christmas?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Will we see the Ritz 140k before Christmas?

@PointLager wrote:
Maybe Amex Platinum is better value then?

$200 easily redeemable credits+centurion lounges+priority pass + Hilton gold (breakfast?)

Not only that but from reading retention reports on FT it doesn't seem that Chase gives statement credits for this card; only a free night.

I have two high fee cards now: Amex Platinum and United Club Card.

Amex is my main card for high value spending. I've used purchase protection more than once. It's the only card that covers lost items. Plus, it's the only card that I can extend benefits to AU.

United is my preferred airline and without status the club card really helps. And 1.5x for all spend is great.

But I've always wanted free breakfasts. Despite sta

Chase doesn't give statement credits, but a T5 free night (which is what they usually give) can easily cost upwards of $500. 

Where are you getting breakfast for 2 for $50? at the full service hotels I've stayed at, the cheapest full hot breakfast I've seen was $30 a person. Breakfast for 2 of us would usually run $60-$80. lol. 

If you mean breakfasts at marriott, I've never seen it as a bagel and a banana. Usually eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, bagels, lox, pastries, stuff like that. 

Message 51 of 63
rlx01
Established Contributor

The PRG now has the same purchase protection as the Plat. This change seemed to go by unnoticed.

Might be worth the downgrade if people aren't getting value out of the Plat.
Message 52 of 63
redpat
Senior Contributor

I think Amex Plat offers better hotel benefits than Citi, lack of affiliation and Chase because of co-branded cards.

Getting gold status for SPG and Hilton along with FHR, Amex does a nice job for their Plat card holders for hotel perks, IMO.

I just don't see additional value by having Amex and CSP for getting the Ritz card.  I would rather accumulate UR points than Marriott points anyway.

Sure 140k is great but overrated because of their value, IMO

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 53 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

I think Amex Plat offers better hotel benefits than Citi, lack of affiliation and Chase because of co-branded cards.

Getting gold status for SPG and Hilton along with FHR, Amex does a nice job for their Plat card holders for hotel perks, IMO.

I just don't see additional value by having Amex and CSP for getting the Ritz card.  I would rather accumulate UR points than Marriott points anyway.

140k points can be transferred to airline partners as well.  140K Marriott points give you 60K United miles which is worth $1000 give or take so even if you don't use them at a Marriott the deal is very good.

Message 54 of 63
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

140k points can be transferred to airline partners as well.  140K Marriott points give you 60K United miles which is worth $1000 give or take so even if you don't use them at a Marriott the deal is very good.

Thanks, didn't know.  

60K miles is a good deal.

Question, is their any additional value other using CSP after bonus?  Mostly a SPG, FHR individual and now I will through in some Hilton stays.  

IDK, I'm finding it hard just to get a card for sign-up bonus purposes and never using it again. 

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 55 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

You can get 50K United Miles FOR FREE with the United Explorer card! You can close it before the AF hits on it. Whereas the AF is not waived for the first year on the Ritz. $395 for 60K United Miles or equivalent is a total waste relatively speaking.

Message 56 of 63
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

You can get 50K United Miles FOR FREE with the United Explorer card! You can close it before the AF hits on it. Whereas the AF is not waived for the first year on the Ritz. $395 for 60K United Miles or equivalent is a total waste relatively speaking.

With 200,000 points you can get 55,000 united miles and 7 nights in a hotel. Is that a total waste? 

Message 57 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Your bias against the card is clear but you're dead wrong.  What does getting miles from the Explorer card have anything to do with the Ritz.  It's an additional way of getting miles if you chose that route for redemption. $395 is well worth the $1000 value of the 60K miles and that doesn't include the travel credits and other benefits.  To say otherwise makes your argument pretty weak to say the least.

Message 58 of 63
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Good point, but I do travel and I spend way over $300 so I would use the credit anyway so for $95 net, that's not bad.

So let's see 110,000 miles for $95, but I would keep the United explorer to cover baggage fees.  Therefore, between Amex plat and RC $500 in credit plus baggage fees covered when I fly United.

The more I'm thinking about this the more I might just pull the trigger, lol.

Message 59 of 63
PointLager
Established Contributor

Now I want this card.

50k United miles And $600 in airline credits AND Free breakfasts.

I wonder how much flexibility a branch would have to solicit the 140k offer vs off the rack 2 stay offer.

Back when I got the united club card I applied at the branch I order to get the first year AF waived. I also have a feeling that the branch rep pushed a recon for me.

It would be great if they could score the 140k offer. Although maybe offer availability is corporate wide?

I wonder what is the realistic last date we can app for this card in order to have it soon enough to monetize the $300 credit ?

Chase has been good before when I got their cards. They sent the cards overnight if requested.
Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.