Contributor
Mizu

Re: Will you be using your Discover Cards More for the $1Million Prize?

Sorry to bring back this slightly old thread, but I feel this is worth mentioning.

I've been using my Discover card pretty lightly since this sweepstakes started; probably less than 10 times grand total.  Today I opened a random piece of mail expecting it to be something I really didn't want to read and low and behold, out comes a Discover Gift Card that I apparently won in the amount of $100!!! 

I am one of those people who NEVER wins anything so I was and still am pretty shocked.  :smileysurprised:

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Wow! It is your lucky day. CONGRATS!!!

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Super Contributor
DI

Mizu wrote:

Sorry to bring back this slightly old thread, but I feel this is worth mentioning.

I've been using my Discover card pretty lightly since this sweepstakes started; probably less than 10 times grand total.  Today I opened a random piece of mail expecting it to be something I really didn't want to read and low and behold, out comes a Discover Gift Card that I apparently won in the amount of $100!!! 

I am one of those people who NEVER wins anything so I was and still am pretty shocked.  :smileysurprised:

Wow congrats!! When I  saw my old thread popup, I figured some member on here must have hit the jackpot. Did you get taxed?

Contributor
Mizu

DI wrote:

Mizu wrote:

Wow congrats!! When I  saw my old thread popup, I figured some member on here must have hit the jackpot. Did you get taxed?

Nope, no tax. Just free money!  :smileyvery-happy:

I went to the winners website and my name isn't up there yet so I'm guessing this was from a pretty recent charge.  The only have the winners up through 1/23 listed though.  I know it's only 100 bucks but I'm still super excited that I actually won something!  

In case anyone is wondering where they list the winners, here is the website.  

http://www.discovercard.com/giveaway/winners.html

Contributor
Mizu

Oh and when I went to the site to see if my name was on the winners list yet, I also noticed that March 1-31 is a bonus entry month.  For all restaurant purchaces, you get 4 bonus enteries!  Not a bad deal at all!

Super Contributor
DI

No need to check my mailbox.  Only two people living in MS has won so far.   
Contributor
thearmofbarlow

I was already planning on using my new Discover More for everything (PIF), and this just makes me that much happier to have it. I doubt I'll win anything, but seeing as how I was going to be using it anyway... bonus if I do. :smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: 652 - 10/09
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}