Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you keep SPG over a year?

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Will you keep SPG over a year?

Hey, guys, just got approved for SPG, I'd love to travel to Europe this summer, so I really appreciated your guys help! This forum really offer tons of great info. Smiley Tongue

I now have green and SPG, but I only want to keep one open after one year. I think SPG is a better choice, since AF is lower and the SPG can transfer to airlines 1:1.25(with 20k increment), which is better than MR points. I know SPG points are hard to get unless to stay at SPG properties, but I think compared to Green, SPG is a better point card. Is there any reason that I should keep the Green? Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Will you keep SPG over a year?

@DavidZeng wrote:

Hey, guys, just got approved for SPG, I'd love to travel to Europe this summer, so I really appreciated your guys help! This forum really offer tons of great info. Smiley Tongue

I now have green and SPG, but I only want to keep one open after one year. I think SPG is a better choice, since AF is lower and the SPG can transfer to airlines 1:1.25(with 20k increment), which is better than MR points. I know SPG points are hard to get unless to stay at SPG properties, but I think compared to Green, SPG is a better point card. Is there any reason that I should keep the Green? Smiley Wink

Depending on your spending, IF you want to keep an MR card, the PRG is probably the better choice, as it has much more earning potential, but you would have to assess that against the increased AF.   Similarly for SPG vs MR: the points are more valuable but much harder to earn.  Do you spend a lot in categories where you could get multiple MR, and would that offset the 25% transfer advantage of SPG.  

And, most critically, are the partners you use available in MR vs SPG?

Message 2 of 3
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will you keep SPG over a year?

Congrats. Myself, I will probably close it out before the AF, and request to combine the limit with my BCE.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.