Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will zync really hold me back??

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will zync really hold me back??

I think conversations like this are a total waste of time because all it does is get people upset and offended because there is a tone on these type of  threads that those with the $200-$500 Hard Limit's are somehow "second class citizen's"  while those who have the NPSL are somehow superior and the bomb.com.  The bottom line for me is this,  if you have the AMEX Zync whether hard limit or not, make it work for you the best way you can.  I do not believe that if you have the sort of FICO score/Internal Score AMEX is looking for and have a clean credit report, and enough history under your belt with them that you would be denied simply because a year or so ago you only qualified at that time for the hard limit Zync.  If that is the case, move on!  OR simply close the Zync and reapply for something else to see if that works.  Coming on here putting people down simply because you made it "IN" with a NPSL and they didn't and making it appear as though their situation is hopeless in the AMEX world is ridiculous! 

This forum should be to inspire and help people along on their credit journey, not continue to make them feel less than, especially those who have come a long way and put in a lot of hard work to clean up their past credit horror..LIKE ME!  lol!  Be proud of where you are right now! Keep pressing along to better!  Hey, I never thought in a million year's I would EVER have even ONE credit card again! But hard work, and keeping on top of my responsibilities PAYS OFF! AMEX REVOLVER OR NOT!

Slowly building....
Message 21 of 41
ssdc1980
New Contributor

Well thanks everybody for the responses. As of right now the $500 PSL zync is working for me. Later on down the road when my scores reach primeville I will apply for another AMEX card and hopefully be approved without dropping the zync. If that doesn't work out then I'll drop the zync and then move on to bigger better things.

Until then I'm happy with what what I've been able to achieve thus far. Based in no small part on the things I've learned from this forum...thanks again everybody.

Message 22 of 41
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

I really do have to agree, I was happy that I got the ZYNC Even with the HL. I didn't ask for it. It popped up, why not take it? But being on these forums has made me feel guilty of having it, like i'm taking advantage of AMEX or something. I simply took the counter-offer. Didn't rob AMEX of anything. They offered, I took it. Whatever.

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 23 of 41
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@collinsridge wrote:

I really do have to agree, I was happy that I got the ZYNC Even with the HL. I didn't ask for it. It popped up, why not take it? But being on these forums has made me feel guilty of having it, like i'm taking advantage of AMEX or something. I simply took the counter-offer. Didn't rob AMEX of anything. They offered, I took it. Whatever.

+1 I agree!  I was extremely happy when I apped for the Zync and instead of being flat out denied, I was offered the hard limit! I jumped right on it and it totally works for me!  But reading some of the threads on this forum you would think those of us with the hard limit have the plague or something! It's hilarious! Someone on one of  these threads not that long ago said we weren't "worth AMEX's time" or something like that! Come on people! Get over yourselves!

And to the OP....congrats on your progress thus far and I wish you continued success on your credit journey! Smiley Happy

Slowly building....
Message 24 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@TeeandDee wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

+1 I agree!  I was extremely happy when I apped for the Zync and instead of being flat out denied, I was offered the hard limit! I jumped right on it and it totally works for me!  But reading some of the threads on this forum you would think those of us with the hard limit have the plague or something! It's hilarious! Someone on one of  these threads not that long ago said we weren't "worth AMEX's time" or something like that! Come on people! Get over yourselves!

And to the OP....congrats on your progress thus far and I wish you continued success on your credit journey! Smiley Happy

I would have taken the zync with HL back in 2008 when I was recovering my credit.   I didn't know it was an option back then though Smiley Sad

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 25 of 41
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

I would have taken the zync with HL back in 2008 when I was recovering my credit.   I didn't know it was an option back then though Smiley Sad

Darn bummer webhopper! Smiley Sad 

Slowly building....
Message 26 of 41
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

Hate to kind of agree with that statement, but if they're not allowing you to get any of their products because you have a hard limit zync, it seems you aren't worth their time. lol 

Message 27 of 41
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

Hate to kind of agree with that statement, but if they're not allowing you to get any of their products because you have a hard limit zync, it seems you aren't worth their time. lol 

Obviously we ARE worth  their time because we are currently AMEX card members...hard limits or not.  It's people like you that I was referring too.  You come on here and try to down others and make others feel less than.  Shame on you for not having anything positive to contribute to the conversation.  You only commented to contribute negativity and drama.  As I said in that same post....get over yourself.

Slowly building....
Message 28 of 41
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

Obviously we ARE worth  their time because we are currently AMEX card members...hard limits or not.  It's people like you that I was referring too.  You come on here and try to down others and make others feel less than.  Shame on you for not having anything positive to contribute to the conversation.  You only commented to contribute negativity and drama.  As I said in that same post....get over yourself.

I'm not putting you down. I'm giving you a reality check. I'm not an amex cardmember, I'm not "cool" and I'm not insulting you. It is people like you who give those who were accepted with the hard limit all the hopes and dreams that they'll get a centurion. 

Congratulations on being approved for the zync, but if you have a hard limit, right now, and for the forseeable future that is what you're stuck with. The only person who seems to take issue with it is you, otherwise you wouldn't continue to post threads complaining about everyone else being honest. 

Message 29 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I would disagree that hard limit members aren't worth amex's time. Its likely that amex analyzes the spending patterns and uses the data to fit you into a behavior niche among other cardmembers. If your spending fits their desired profile then they will start sending you offers for better products later on.

The hard limit zync might also be a social experiment...
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.