TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will zync really hold me back??

@jsucool76 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

I really do have to agree, I was happy that I got the ZYNC Even with the HL. I didn't ask for it. It popped up, why not take it? But being on these forums has made me feel guilty of having it, like i'm taking advantage of AMEX or something. I simply took the counter-offer. Didn't rob AMEX of anything. They offered, I took it. Whatever.

+1 I agree!  I was extremely happy when I apped for the Zync and instead of being flat out denied, I was offered the hard limit! I jumped right on it and it totally works for me!  But reading some of the threads on this forum you would think those of us with the hard limit have the plague or something! It's hilarious! Someone on one of  these threads not that long ago said we weren't "worth AMEX's time" or something like that! Come on people! Get over yourselves!

And to the OP....congrats on your progress thus far and I wish you continued success on your credit journey! Smiley Happy

Hate to kind of agree with that statement, but if they're not allowing you to get any of their products because you have a hard limit zync, it seems you aren't worth their time. lol 

Obviously we ARE worth  their time because we are currently AMEX card members...hard limits or not.  It's people like you that I was referring too.  You come on here and try to down others and make others feel less than.  Shame on you for not having anything positive to contribute to the conversation.  You only commented to contribute negativity and drama.  As I said in that same post....get over yourself.

I'm not putting you down. I'm giving you a reality check. I'm not an amex cardmember, I'm not "cool" and I'm not insulting you. It is people like you who give those who were accepted with the hard limit all the hopes and dreams that they'll get a centurion. 

Congratulations on being approved for the zync, but if you have a hard limit, right now, and for the forseeable future that is what you're stuck with. The only person who seems to take issue with it is you, otherwise you wouldn't continue to post threads complaining about everyone else being honest. 

I don't need you to give me a reality check.  If anything you need one yourself.  Yes, I do have an issue with someone trying to put other's down and make them feel that they are not able to acheive something when you have no ideal!  You don't know what someone will or will not be approved for.  AMEX is a great card to have, but if you don't have one it's not the end of the world, and it certainly is not the end of the world if you have an AMEX with a hard limit...give me a break. Moving on.....

Slowly building....
Message 31 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Please everyone be civil.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 32 of 41
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

I assume the mods are going to lock this thread momentarily. It is a shame you cant edit it down to just the OPs original question and the post with a reply from the Amex rep stating the answer. As much as some might wish otherwise, it seems clear that people with a hard limit zync who wish to obtain another amex are going to need to close the zync first. That is useful information and totally in keeping with the spirit of this board. Does that mean people with the hard limit zync are 2nd class? Of course not. Does it mean the card itself has no value? Again, of course not. Nobody had even remotely suggested that until teeanddee began complaining (mostly about things written in other threads). Did some of us point out that dude11's post was misleading? Yes, because it was. If reading information about the hard limit zync that doesn't fit your belief system offends you, please just ignore the threads. But asking us to stop sharing information, just because it is information you don't want to hear (or somehow imagine as insulting) is not what this board is about.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 33 of 41
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

I really do have to agree, I was happy that I got the ZYNC Even with the HL. I didn't ask for it. It popped up, why not take it? But being on these forums has made me feel guilty of having it, like i'm taking advantage of AMEX or something. I simply took the counter-offer. Didn't rob AMEX of anything. They offered, I took it. Whatever.

+1 I agree!  I was extremely happy when I apped for the Zync and instead of being flat out denied, I was offered the hard limit! I jumped right on it and it totally works for me!  But reading some of the threads on this forum you would think those of us with the hard limit have the plague or something! It's hilarious! Someone on one of  these threads not that long ago said we weren't "worth AMEX's time" or something like that! Come on people! Get over yourselves!

And to the OP....congrats on your progress thus far and I wish you continued success on your credit journey! Smiley Happy

Hate to kind of agree with that statement, but if they're not allowing you to get any of their products because you have a hard limit zync, it seems you aren't worth their time. lol 

Obviously we ARE worth  their time because we are currently AMEX card members...hard limits or not.  It's people like you that I was referring too.  You come on here and try to down others and make others feel less than.  Shame on you for not having anything positive to contribute to the conversation.  You only commented to contribute negativity and drama.  As I said in that same post....get over yourself.

I'm not putting you down. I'm giving you a reality check. I'm not an amex cardmember, I'm not "cool" and I'm not insulting you. It is people like you who give those who were accepted with the hard limit all the hopes and dreams that they'll get a centurion. 

Congratulations on being approved for the zync, but if you have a hard limit, right now, and for the forseeable future that is what you're stuck with. The only person who seems to take issue with it is you, otherwise you wouldn't continue to post threads complaining about everyone else being honest. 

I don't need you to give me a reality check.  If anything you need one yourself.  Yes, I do have an issue with someone trying to put other's down and make them feel that they are not able to acheive something when you have no ideal!  You don't know what someone will or will not be approved for.  AMEX is a great card to have, but if you don't have one it's not the end of the world, and it certainly is not the end of the world if you have an AMEX with a hard limit...give me a break. Moving on.....

No one put anyone down. It is the same thing as telling someone that their cap1 card probably won't get a CLI. Is that an insult? No...so stop taking this as an insult just because you want some attention. 

KThxBai. Please limit your posts to things useful to others (as in FACTS; IE: Your hard limit zync keeps you from moving forward with amex, as opposed to simply spurting out cries for attention) 

Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was not my intention to bring negativity to this thread by just clearing up some things. Had dude gained a card with a hard limit, I would have been very happy as it would have proven current known issues with the hard limit Zync to be wrong.... but that was not the case and needed to be made clear as to not have a frenzy of people call Amex and say stuff like I know someone else had it done so I should be able to as well. I have always been supportive of everyone's credit journeys and will continue to do so in the future. I will be just as supportive as someone who gets a First Premier card as someone who gets a Palladium or Centurion. As it stands and Amex verified, a hard limit Zync will keep a customer from obtaining any other Zync product currently. Happy weekend everyone Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 41
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was not my intention to bring negativity to this thread by just clearing up some things. Had dude gained a card with a hard limit, I would have been very happy as it would have proven current known issues with the hard limit Zync to be wrong.... but that was not the case and needed to be made clear as to not have a frenzy of people call Amex and say stuff like I know someone else had it done so I should be able to as well. I have always been supportive of everyone's credit journeys and will continue to do so in the future. I will be just as supportive as someone who gets a First Premier card as someone who gets a Palladium or Centurion. As it stands and Amex verified, a hard limit Zync will keep a customer from obtaining any other Zync product currently. Happy weekend everyone Smiley Happy

Hi JD5189, i hope you do no think I was diecting my comments towad you, because i was not all all. Sorry if you thought that.  

I was simply encouraging the OP that despite what others may "think" on here because again...none of us know for sure what AMEX will decide to do with the hard limit Zync cards for sure...I  don't think the OP should feel the Zync will hold them back from acheiving a future AMEX. I have not received any information from AMEX that says we will need to close those accounts before we can be approved for another AMEX.  This is really all speculation (in my opinion) because AMEX has not come out with any official word on this. I also pointed out that the OP may think otherwise due to the many other threads on the fourm that  we all read and search through for information, and also share information from those other threads that  have discussed this Zync situation. Some of those other threads can give  the impression that those with hard limits are not going to move forward in the AMEX family so to say.  We may still be able to be approved for another AMEX while maintaining our Zync.  A close friend of mine also has a hard limit Zync and applied for a Gold Charge card just last week.  She was not denied for being a hard limit Zync holder.  She was denied because her UTL is too high (I could have told her that! LOL!) , too many inquries, and her FICO score too low.  It did not mention "because you are a Zync hard limit card holder" LOL!  So we all will have to simply find out for ourselves when the time comes.  I'm sure we will find out more clear informaton about all of over the next few months. At least I hope. That's all I'm saying.

Happy weekend to you also!Smiley Happy

Slowly building....
Message 36 of 41
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi JD5189, i hope you do no think I was diecting my comments towad you, because i was not all all. Sorry if you thought that.  

I was simply encouraging the OP that despite what others may "think" on here because again...none of us know for sure what AMEX will decide to do with the hard limit Zync cards for sure...I  don't think the OP should feel the Zync will hold them back from acheiving a future AMEX. I have not received any information from AMEX that says we will need to close those accounts before we can be approved for another AMEX.  This is really all speculation (in my opinion) because AMEX has not come out with any official word on this. I also pointed out that the OP may think otherwise due to the many other threads on the fourm that  we all read and search through for information, and also share information from those other threads that  have discussed this Zync situation. Some of those other threads can give  the impression that those with hard limits are not going to move forward in the AMEX family so to say.  We may still be able to be approved for another AMEX while maintaining our Zync.  A close friend of mine also has a hard limit Zync and applied for a Gold Charge card just last week.  She was not denied for being a hard limit Zync holder.  She was denied because her UTL is too high (I could have told her that! LOL!) , too many inquries, and her FICO score too low.  It did not mention "because you are a Zync hard limit card holder" LOL!  So we all will have to simply find out for ourselves when the time comes.  I'm sure we will find out more clear informaton about all of over the next few months. At least I hope. That's all I'm saying.

Happy weekend to you also!Smiley Happy

From a previous post in this thread: 

""Thank you for your recent application.  We were unable to approve your request for the following reason:

Because you have the ZYNCSM Card with a spending limit, we cannot open another American Express card account for you at this time.

An important notice concerning your rights is included.  The creditor is American Express Bank, FSB.

We hope you are enjoying the benefits and services of your ZYNC Card.""

Message 37 of 41
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

I am actually not that upset since this tells me that the reasons i have been declined have not been because of something related to my credit report, This give me confidence that i may already be able to obtain another amex card as soon as i close the zync, the only negative would be that it will be a HP.

They do have to fix the issue with the packs though, as far as i can tell this is affecting PSL and NPSL users alike.

Message 38 of 41
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

I just called into AMEX and spoke to Customer Service and the CS in New App's Department....Both told me that the only differnce with the Zync is that it cannot upgrade to another product (which we know), but that having a the Zync with the hard limit does not prohibit you from being approved for another AMEX product.  I specifically ask if you would get denied for having a Zync with a hard limit, they both said no, however, you still would have to meet certain requirements for approval just like any other credit card etc.  But having a Zync hard limit does not mean you can not be approved for another AMEX.  

Now, of course I could call in tomorrow and get different information LOL, but that is what I was told about 10 minutes ago. My friend plans to app again in 30 days (I thought you had to wait 60 days) for the Gold again (when her utl get's cleaned up) so I will let you know if she get's that message that jscool76 just shared.

Slowly building....
Message 39 of 41
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Any relationship with a lender can help.  Amex HL, who cares if it works for you?  Everyone has to start somewhere, and everyone knows my own file is ugly as sin, and I would've been completely happy with a counter-offered Zync when their program was running.  I simply count myself as incredibly fortunate to have obtained the card at all, and people are never going to have the same opinions on things, we all view the world as it is presented to us, and that comes out online more than anywhere else... but if everyone had the same viewpoint, this would be an awfully boring life, let alone forum.

That said, current Amex policy appears that it's extremely difficult if not outright impossible to obtain another Amex card with a Zync HL.    This is a policy decision if anything, and can be changed with a wave of a hand.  TnD, thank you for keeping civil on this matter but unfortunately CSR's are not the end-all and be-all of decisions, to wit, most Amex CSR's never even knew the counter-offer even existed until very recently, and perhaps not even now.

Don't sweat this, or worry about it currently.  As Webby suggests, the entire Zync appears to have been a social experiement, and even the NPSL holders are wondering what Amex's plans are in the future.   The simple fact of the matter is if you're using the card responsibly, you are making them money.  This is never anything but a positive in any lender's eyes, and for the most part even from Amex's apparent spend centric model, someone's 2K a month on a HL card is just as good as my 2K a month on the NPSL version, just there appears to be some random underwriting criteria that can be easily changed regarding HL Zync holders (sort of like the Zync's inaility to PC to anything else).  Not a big deal, the goal is improving one's FICO score and therefore one's financial strength and defensibility, which arguably any Amex relationship does... anything else is just style points, and objectively are pretty irrelevant.

End of the day, with Amex's struggling looking for a future direction, the thought that they'd simply drop their current customers out in the cold is utterly laughable.  They need all the market exposure they can get, because the mainline banks look ready to stomp Amex in the future once the generations ahead of me ride off into the sunset.  Until we know more, I'm just sitting quietly and not going to make any waves with my baby Zync.

        
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.