Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WilliamPaid (pay rent w credit card) works

tag
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

WilliamPaid (pay rent w credit card) works

Hello.

I recently used the service from WilliamPaid.com to pay my rent with a credit card.

They charged 2.75 or 2.95% of the rent total ( cant remember exactly and too lazy to look).

It showed up on my credit statement as "SALE" so its not a cash advanced.

I used a Chase credit card.

So if you are struggling to meet spending requirements to get a sweet sign up bonus, then this could work.

Good luck!

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
hayabusa

Re: WilliamPaid (pay rent w credit card) works

There are other good ways to pay your mortgage for cheaper to even making a small profit, but williamspaid is a good place.

Message 2 of 11
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

well, consider me a NOOB then Smiley Happy it was the first sign up bonus i have had to spend money to get. feel free to PM me different ways if youd like. Its also just rent, not a mortgage, so im not sure if that matters.

NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 3 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I use WilliamPaid every month...

You can use a credit card that gives your cashback, that would cut down the 2.9% service fee that WilliamPaid uses

Message 4 of 11
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

what card is that? My rewards cards arent that great as far as i know

Message 5 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Fidelity Amex gives you 2% back. Discover IT gives you 1% I guess.

You can just a simple Paypal Debit card for 1% back, hook up your credit card to paypal account.

Message 6 of 11
hayabusa

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Fidelity Amex gives you 2% back. Discover IT gives you 1% I guess.

You can just a simple Paypal Debit card for 1% back, hook up your credit card to paypal account.

Cash back cards would defeat the purpose of using a credit card for mortgage/rent payments.

2.9% and get 1-2% cash back wouldn't be worth it unless you were trying to hit sign on bonuses. Now if you got points like Amex MR or Chase UR points then it could be worth much more than 2.9% if you used it correctly THEN it would be worthwhile. I'm paying my mortgage with Williamspaid and pulling a small profit + credit card points for free. It's about 5-6 steps though, most wouldn't see it worth it, but I'm the most frugal guy on the planet I feel sometimes.

Message 7 of 11
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I suggested it only to meet signup bonus or MR points. I transfer my MR points to airline partners. Paying extra for these points are worth the cost for me as I get upgrades and tickets out of it.

Message 8 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Are there any other sites like this to pay for auto loan and rent?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Also to add, how long do they take to send the check out to the landlord and how long does the shipping process take as well?thanks!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.