cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams-Sonoma Visa NO longer available;Plus INFO!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Williams-Sonoma Visa NO longer available;Plus INFO!!

OK....Browsing Barclays site today and noticed that the Williams-Sonoma Visa CC is no longer there.  So I went to the WS website, and clicked on the WS CC, and all is says is "Manage acct", and it clicked me back over to the Barclays webiste. mmmmm, Interesting I thought, so I reached out to Barclays Credit services, AND to the WS store manager to get the scoop!!!

First Barclays:

The WS Visa is going away. You may no longer apply for it, but IF you have it, you still get to keep it, just Barclays is no longer going to issue any new WS visas anymore! bye, bye! Its unclear at this point if Barclays will keep the existing WS visa cardholders, or if the Visa will transition over to a new lender, or go away all togehter.  Barclays was hush hush on that, obviously since this isnt public yet. 

Second WS store manager:

They got notice of it last week, and no longer take apps BECAUSE......(are you ready for this)???..........Williams-Sonoma will be transitioning to a WS store card to be used only in the store! (my dream!!!)...

Im assuming that since the WS company owns Pottery Barn, PBT, PBK, Revuvination, and the PB cc is backed by Comenity....my hunch is the new WS store card will be backed by Comenity.  Would make sense, since they back the PB cc... We will see if Im right Smiley Wink

There you have it! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Williams-Sonoma Visa NO longer available;Plus INFO!!

Comenity your dream? At a low low APR if you so choose to carry a balance of 27% apr on store cardSmiley Happy..

In all honesty the Visa didn't have that good of perks that another credit card wouldn't of beat thus probably not alot of WS visa's out there, probably not much of a demand as better cards exist thus probably better for barclay's and WS to go their seperate ways.

Message 2 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Comenity your dream? At a low low APR if you so choose to carry a balance of 27% apr on store cardSmiley Happy..

In all honesty the Visa didn't have that good of perks that another credit card wouldn't of beat thus probably not alot of WS visa's out there, probably not much of a demand as better cards exist thus probably better for barclay's and WS to go their seperate ways.

well, naturally of course there are better cards to use, I know this, and no Comentiy is not my "dream"...just the WS store card was my dream lol.  Ive Always said that WS should have a store card! Anyways...Im sure they will have the same type of financing  and ridiculous APR as the PB or any other store card, but also im sure will offer some sort of "special financing" for purchases over a certain amount. 

Just thought this was interesting, and for anyone who might be interested in obtaining it once its available 

Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza1 congrats.

And BTW, once I came across "Pottery Barn," I stopped reading. Well, congrats again!

edit:topy :-)

Message 4 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pizza1 congrats.

And BTW, once I saw "Pottery Barn" I stopped reading. Well, congrats again!

Congrats on what! Dont congratulate me unless you see me in approvals. This post was informational only! (sighs)

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pizza1 congrats.

Congrats on what! Dont congratulate me unless you see me in approvals. This post was informational only! (sighs)

Oh. Sorry. I thought you only posted if you had recieved some sort of CLI or some sort of approval. I'm still (somewhat) new to this board...sorry. \

But, to be fair, I did state that I stopped reading once I came across the words "Pottery Barn."  It reminded me when I was in college -I couldn't believe that my (then) gf suggested I should take a "Pottery Class."  Sigh.....no bueno...

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you already have an existing PB or pbk card you can just buy gift cards from either store and earn the 25 dollar rewards for every 250 dollars you spend and then use the gift card at WS. No need to apply for another card.
Message 7 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you already have an existing PB or pbk card you can just buy gift cards from either store and earn the 25 dollar rewards for every 250 dollars you spend and then use the gift card at WS. No need to apply for another card.

yep...Ive done that Smiley Wink   also didnt say I was gonna apply for another card. 

Message 8 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pizza1 congrats.

Oh. Sorry. I thought you only posted if you had recieved some sort of CLI or some sort of approval. I'm still (somewhat) new to this board...sorry. \

But, to be fair, I did state that I stopped reading once I came across the words "Pottery Barn."  It reminded me when I was in college -I couldn't believe that my (then) gf suggested I should take a "Pottery Class."  Sigh.....no bueno...

um, yea I do post actually other than approvals. I havent in a while becuase my threads tend to get taken out of context, and people read into them a little more than they should, and become expert on Pizza1 credit managment, other than why I posted.  See, for this reason alone, and the next posters comments, is why I dont post much anymore, and believe me...Ive got so much information I could post on certain topics, but I dont...because I get nit picked to death. 

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pizza1 congrats.

um, yea I do post actually other than approvals. I havent in a while becuase my threads tend to get taken out of context, and people read into them a little more than they should, and become expert on Pizza1 credit managment, other than why I posted.  See, for this reason alone, and the next posters comments, is why I dont post much anymore, and believe me...Ive got so much information I could post on certain topics, but I dont...because I get nit picked to death. 

Ah! Understood.

Well, I'm about to hit the gym (to keep improving my godly physique). I'll let you experts duke it out on CCs while I go and get under a couple of barbells (because machines are only for women and other type of guys...).  

You guys have fun. 

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.