Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams-Sonoma Visa moving to Comenity from Barclays

tag
kcdude503
Established Member

Re: Williams-Sonoma Visa moving to Comenity from Barclays

I did the "shopping cart trick" and then (probably by choosing the Williams-Sonoma Visa instead of just the store card), they did the "hard pull trick" and I just got my card today. Lowest starting limit of any card in my wallet - $1000 - I tried an immediate Luv button but got the 7-10 day message. Does anyone have any experience with Comenity's starting limits vs. later CLIs? Are they pretty good?

Also, does anyone have experience with their automatic $25 reward in your birthday month? Of course, my birthday is in September and I just got the card, so it may be a year before my first reward. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: Williams-Sonoma Visa moving to Comenity from Barclays

I was wondering about this.  I got my shiny new black card with the chip and have used it a couple of times now, but I'm wondering about the effect on my credit report?  I got a notification today of a change to one of my accounts and it was the barclay WS card.  Zero balance but in remarks it has 'sold or transferrered'. There was no score change so im guessing that statement isnt recognized by the models as a negative thing.

the account was in good standing with no negatives or lates, ever.

the thing I'm hoping I wont see is something negative when the 'new account' gets reported by comenity

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.