cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wise or not wise for score increase?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wise or not wise for score increase?????

I currently am at a 38% Util. with Fico and a total of $7,147 CC Debt. I called Alliant CU today and asked for a $7147 Personal Loan to pay all my Credit Cards in Full. No questions asked I was told check would be sent regular mail and will go out today. My score is curently at 632 Fico. Will i get a good score increase by doing this even thought I will have a new installment account opening.... 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wise or not wise for score increase?????

You should see a score increase because the number of accounts with a balance will be lower but you never know.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 2 of 4
athensguy
Valued Contributor

You should see a score increase. Going from 38% to under 10% might net you 20 or 30 points even. The hard to calculate part is what the INQ and change in average age will do. It may also give you a bump if you don't have any other installment loans.
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

athensguy wrote:
You should see a score increase. Going from 38% to under 10% might net you 20 or 30 points even. The hard to calculate part is what the INQ and change in average age will do. It may also give you a bump if you don't have any other installment loans.

Ditto. I'd guess though a single-digit increase because of the hit for the new credit and inquiry. Then you might see a 20+ point gain over the next few months as the damage from the loan wears off.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.