Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishing to close my TJMaxx store card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wishing to close my TJMaxx store card

I dont know if it would be a good idea or not, the credit limit is a mere $250 with 36% APR. I don't ever use the card even though it's been in good standing. I've called and they wont upgrade my account to a regular credit card. Unfortunately this is one of the cards that reported 2 30 day late payment and their response to my GW letters to have them removed was that they couldnt because it would indicate false reporting and that I should file a dispute. *sigh* so much for that baddie going by the wayside. Smiley Sad So since this account isnt doing me any "good", I was considering closing it. Smart move or no?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wishing to close my TJMaxx store card

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont know if it would be a good idea or not, the credit limit is a mere $250 with 36% APR. I don't ever use the card even though it's been in good standing. I've called and they wont upgrade my account to a regular credit card. Unfortunately this is one of the cards that reported 2 30 day late payment and their response to my GW letters to have them removed was that they couldnt because it would indicate false reporting and that I should file a dispute. *sigh* so much for that baddie going by the wayside. Smiley Sad So since this account isnt doing me any "good", I was considering closing it. Smart move or no?

Wow what a high APR. Sounds like my car loan Smiley Mad but I would close it. I'm thinking about closing my Kohl's card and NY& Co because the limits are low. I spend money in these stores and I don't always pay in full. I hate carrying a balance on a low limit card because it hurts my credit score.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant to type 26%, sorry
Message 3 of 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

36%  Wowser!

That makes CreditOne look like a prime card.

OP, I would not only close that card, I would shred it and then burn the scraps to make sure it doesn't come back to life.  

Was this a penalty rate due to the late payments?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I reposted, I meant to say 26% not 36%. And yes, I plan to cancel it. Today I called again about who to contact for GW and they said they will credit my account 1 late fee. I kindly said thank you while wondering what $35 was going to do for me. Geeeeez. Needless to say this teaches the very hard lesson about missed payments due to mistakes.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.