Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Witness protection program?

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Witness protection program?

I know that people have to relocate and will get a new SSN when they join the witneww protection program. Does that mean they will lose their credit history and all credit cards? 

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Witness protection program?

I would say that yes, they would have to get all new ID's, SSN#, etc., otherwise they can be traced and found.  That would mean that they are no longer in the WPP!

Just curious, ummm are you on your way in the program? Woman LOL.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

I know that people have to relocate and will get a new SSN when they join the witneww protection program. Does that mean they will lose their credit history and all credit cards? 

Yes, and obviously that would be the #1 concern of someone in the program!

Since they have to create fake histories for a lot of things, wouldn't surprise me if they create a fake credit history as well.

Message 3 of 33
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

Since they have to create fake histories for a lot of things, wouldn't surprise me if they create a fake credit history as well.

Hmmm... Maybe they can backdate the Amex membership a bit or clean some baddies.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 4 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

Hmmm... Maybe they can backdate the Amex membership a bit or clean some baddies.

Well, it's certainly one strategy to get a new credit report, get in with some major criminals and betray them to law enforcement.   Perhaps a tiny bit more risky than gardening?

Also, if the marshalls don't like you (because you are a criminal literally getting away with murder) I wouldn't be surprised if they added some 120 day lates to your new CR out of spite!

Message 5 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker LMAO!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 33
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

Well, it's certainly one strategy to get a new credit report, get in with some major criminals and betray them to law enforcement.   Perhaps a tiny bit more risky than gardening?

Also, if the marshalls don't like you (because you are a criminal literally getting away with murder) I wouldn't be surprised if they added some 120 day lates to your new CR out of spite!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 7 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm starting to worry about this OP.......................

First the Witness Protection Program now Gangster as profession on apps. 

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 33
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Actually.. I'm also curious that can credit cards be used inside of jail? Can they mail order stuff with their CCs?

Message 9 of 33
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Actually.. I'm also curious that can credit cards be used inside of jail? Can they mail order stuff with their CCs?

Why not, the question will be, if they prison will allow the delivery ...

But man, don´t you think you have other problems then credit history, if you are in a witness program? I would.

And I would most certainly want absolutely no connection to my earlier life ever ... money (credit) can´t stop a bullet ... at least not all of them. And a dead man can´t use credit, no matter what the CL is ...

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.