Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woke up to see some great news!

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: WOKE UP TO SEE SOME GREAT NEWS!

@HYPASS33 wrote:

i just wonder how much more that last collection coming off will increase my score but I hope its at least by 20..

Remember its not just the score, some creditors will not approve if evben one collection shows up, best to wait for a clear file

just curious who the creator was

Message 11 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Keep in mind once your new cc's report your CS will probably drop some. However you will recover - credit is a marathon not a race my friend. Be patient.
Message 12 of 19
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Just pulled my TU Fico and it is 696 with no collections listed anymore. Looks like lowes pulled from this one when the collections were on there so should I apply again now that my score is a good bit higher even thos its just been a few weeks? Also, if i call discover do you think I could ask them to pull TU and they will??

Message 13 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Most lenders have a waiting period between apps 30 days is standard some are 45 days.

Also, you received 2 cc's from GE and req immediate cli's I think you need to leave it alone for now
Message 14 of 19
zerobacan
Established Contributor

What CC company did you GW? Capital one?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 15 of 19
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I think I heard all of you say chase pulls all over the place but do they give decent limits? If I knew they would pull TU I would apply. Not sure who else mainly pulls from TU but I think thats my best bet until the other comes off EQ this week. Can you tell i'm impatient!   lol I bet you all are saying "slow down boy"....  I called BOA this morning and they said its random what they pull so I backed out plus not sure how nice they are with limits. Been banking with them for years.

Message 16 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chase normally pulls Ex but its a YMMV. To my knowledge GE ( though they have pulled EX lately ) and Barclays are TU pullers.

Barclays some say do not take kind to multiple accts open ie sprees also they usually like a yr of rev history for rebuilders.

Since you already know what I'm thinking - I won't have to repeat it - good luck if you choose to app anyway.
Message 17 of 19
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I would say go for an entry level card first.  Scores aren't the issue here, the thin file and recent new accounts are.  Give it some more time, 12 months, app free, and pull the trigger for the higher end cards.  Even if they do approve you with/without recon, your CL is at best going to be minimal.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 18 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Woke up to see some great news!

You need to slow down for various reasons. First of all like others said, wait until the last collection falls off. There's always a risk of getting AA (I'm in this situation) when you go on a spree, and the feeling isn't exactly ideal I would say.

Chase pulls ex primarily, and recently they been double or triple pull for a number of people, myself included. This doesn't happen to everyone though. Chase freedom starts at 500 limit, so there's a chance you will get a low limit card as well.

Once your last and final collection falls off, assuming no other baddies left, low utilization ratio and a non-ridiculous number of inquiries on file, you should see a decent jump in your score.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.