Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woke up to see some great news!

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Woke up to see some great news!

got up and checked this morning and after emailing the President, vice Rpresident and Executive officer a GW leter to remove 5 collections I had on my report, they have been deleted from my report!! Score was 605 and is now 670 but I have one more that should be off later this week and that should clear me of all collections!! Should I even attempt any more cards until that last collection is off or is 670 good enough to get me approved for some of the ones I got turned down for like Dicover IT?? They pulled equifax which was my lowest at the time.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: WOKE UP TO SEE SOME GREAT NEWS!

How many new accounts have you opened in the past 6 mos?
Message 2 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Congratulations!

Depending on the other things on your report you might be good for an IT. Score isnt everything.
Message 3 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

By the way... Congrats on getting those baddies off!
Message 4 of 19
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I opened CU card, Walmart and sams Card. I need something with a higher limit. Once this other collection comes off this week the only baddie I will have is a First Premeir CO from 2010 and they will not help in ANYWAY!!  I even looked for email addresses for top executives and I find NOTHING on them... can't get anything out of the lower people there. the CA I just worked with were fantastic and understanding, couldn't ask for better people.

Message 5 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Remember there's more to an approval than FICO score. I can't see your cls but it sounds like they are low on your new cc's. do you have any other cc's with higher limits? And are you looking for a MC/Visa type cc?
Message 6 of 19
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

My highest limit is 800 with Sams and I don't care what the card is Viss/MC/disc, I just want to get my limits up cause my score break down always says my score is lower because of my low limits.. One will do!!  lol

Message 7 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My best advice for you at this point would be to wait for the last baddie to come off.  You'll have much better chances of approval, and you'll be getting higher CLs by going that route.

At that point you should look at Discover It, but also don't close your mind to issuers like barclays, wal mart or GE paypal extras mastercard... which can be great for establishing good history.

You should get two entry level cards, and then garden for 12 months until going after the higher tier exclusive cards.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@HYPASS33 wrote:

got up and checked this morning and after emailing the President, vice Rpresident and Executive officer a GW leter to remove 5 collections I had on my report, they have been deleted from my report!! Score was 605 and is now 670 but I have one more that should be off later this week and that should clear me of all collections!! Should I even attempt any more cards until that last collection is off or is 670 good enough to get me approved for some of the ones I got turned down for like Dicover IT?? They pulled equifax which was my lowest at the time.

That's good news...congrats!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 19
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

i just wonder how much more that last collection coming off will increase my score but I hope its at least by 20..

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.