cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't be getting Venture sign up bonus???

tag
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

Re: Won't be getting Venture sign up bonus???

@pizza1 wrote:

So, had to call Cap1 today because I haven't received my QS Visa Siggy card, and it was mailed on the 9th. While getting that straightened out, I asked her about the Venture sign up bonus of 40k miles if you spent $3k in 3 months, and the QS siggy bonus of $100 if spent $1k in 3 months.  She said I was ineligible because I was already a current cardholder before applying for the Venture and the QS Siggy. Smiley Sad 

so, for those of you that already had a cap1 card, and applied for the Venture, you won't be getting the sign up bonus. That's what I was told clearly today. Oh well... Still have a nice limit!!Smiley Happy 

Boy , I had anxiety reading your post Pizza1, but have since calmed down reading the replies Smiley Tongue   I want my bonuses doggone it!!!

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 31 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually im at work.
Message 32 of 55
happypill
Valued Contributor

I had three prior Cap1 cards before getting the Venture last month.  My bonus posted at the exact time my $3k in charges posted.  I redeemed the bonus the same day (along with some other points), and the credit showed up in my account right away.  Haven't even submitted my first payment yet.

Message 33 of 55
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm tempted to app for this just so I can one-up all of Nixon's experiences... (again)

XD
Message 34 of 55
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Capital One screwed me out of my QS Visa signup bonus claiming that the QS1s I had previously were the same product.  They insisted they were seperate products when I was trying to PC but when it came bonus time suddenly they were the same product. 

If they can find a way to screw you over, they will take it.  At least that's been my experience.

Message 35 of 55
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think for bonus definitions QS and QS1 are the same. Spend requirement and bonus are the same. That's probably why they gave you a hard time. To PCing perhaps bc of the annual fee and the QS1 being MC they're considered different

It sucks, but as you said they're gonna find any reason to not pay out the bonus. Whether its totally legit or not.
Message 36 of 55
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Capital One screwed me out of my QS Visa signup bonus claiming that the QS1s I had previously were the same product.  They insisted they were seperate products when I was trying to PC but when it came bonus time suddenly they were the same product. 

If they can find a way to screw you over, they will take it.  At least that's been my experience.

Extra HPs for me from the EO. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 37 of 55
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

You know I honestly didn't really give a flip.  I know what to expect from Crap1 and after the initial surprise the underhanded tactic made perfect sense.  They consistantly value squeezing you for your nickels and dimes over building relationships and making customers happy. 

Hopefully the realistic limits they've been giving out is a sign that things may be begining to change, but I am skeptical to say the least.

Message 38 of 55
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

You know I honestly didn't really give a flip.  I know what to expect from Crap1 and after the initial surprise the underhanded tactic made perfect sense.  They consistantly value squeezing you for your nickels and dimes over building relationships and making customers happy. 

Hopefully the realistic limits they've been giving out is a sign that things may be begining to change, but I am skeptical to say the least.

Same here. I still hate their ridiculous triple pull system. That needs to change too. Also with those extra HPs, they clearly said they wouldn't do any more because the app had been made in the last 30 days. I'm still trying to see if they will get those off.

I think they've been relatively generous on the Venture for a long time now though. I don't think that's anything new but now people are suddenly getting early CLIs and all this stuff so perhaps this might be a response to CapOne possibly taking over the TE cards here in the US as they've done in Canada.

As for me, Venture isn't completely out of the question but CSP is looking much more attractive to me now, especially if I'm able to get a Freedom later on when that $200 sign up bonus comes back and getting more UR points from that and that extra $50 from adding an AU too I believe.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 39 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noooo!! It can't be true Smiley Sad I was so excited because it was my first spend bonus Smiley Sad I'm rebuilding and have never had a card that offered a spend bonus before and I was so excited about the Venture not only because of the decent limit but it had a spend bonus and a $400 one at that. I do currently have a secured cap one card and a QS1 but neither of them offer any type of spend bonus Smiley Sad

When I called applications to verify my approval he even told me about the spend bonus and I even told him that this new account didn't show up under my online account with my secured card and QS1 (so he knew that I was already a cap one cardholder) and that's when he verified the approval and the spend bonus Smiley Sad I hope its just a misinformed rep
Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.