cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonder is i should close some tradelines????

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Wonder is i should close some tradelines????

don't worry about the WF CL. They usually start people low, but auto CLIs come pretty quickly and are frequent. If you can't wait, you can always call for an increase and it's a SP unless the system rejects u and you want to appeal it again. They are not as generous as amex for CLIs though. However they seem to be a lot more lenient. Some of the times when they gave me an auto CLI, I had over >90% utilization on that card, so I was pleasantly surprised.

The funny thing about WF is that they NEVER give me an auto CLI for the months I PIF and they don't charge me interest. However, when there comes a time I don't pay in full and they manage to charge me some finance fees, I get an auto CLI from them. Nowadays, I just call and ask for SP CLI myself.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 24
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

don't worry about the WF CL. They usually start people low, but auto CLIs come pretty quickly and are frequent. If you can't wait, you can always call for an increase and it's a SP unless the system rejects u and you want to appeal it again. They are not as generous as amex for CLIs though. However they seem to be a lot more lenient. Some of the times when they gave me an auto CLI, I had over >90% utilization on that card, so I was pleasantly surprised.

The funny thing about WF is that they NEVER give me an auto CLI for the months I PIF and they don't charge me interest. However, when there comes a time I don't pay in full and they manage to charge me some finance fees, I get an auto CLI from them. Nowadays, I just call and ask for SP CLI myself.

thanks again buddy! Im glad i have let a balanc report a few times on this card. I actually had one reported at almost 1000. I just charged 2500 that hasnt reported yet and will probably just send about a 900 payment. Now do you know if i have to close the secured card first and then apply or can i just apply and if i get approved will they just close the secured one? Also, do i have to bring down the balance on the secured card to zero when i apply for the unsecured?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

thanks again buddy! Im glad i have let a balanc report a few times on this card. I actually had one reported at almost 1000. I just charged 2500 that hasnt reported yet and will probably just send about a 900 payment. Now do you know if i have to close the secured card first and then apply or can i just apply and if i get approved will they just close the secured one? Also, do i have to bring down the balance on the secured card to zero when i apply for the unsecured?

i don't think you have to bring down the balance to zero when you apply. u can just apply first, and if ur approved, then close the secured one. i doubt they will let you transfer the CL over though, since your 4k CL on your secured is because you left 4k as deposit. But they might start you with a high CL.

The best way to increase your chances is to apply in a branch through a banker or if possible, a manager. If you have banking relationship with Wells Fargo, they can somehow increase your chances by quite a bit usually. Wells Fargo is quite "lagging behind" in their credit department in the sense that a lot of the paperwork are preferably done in person. For example you can't apply online if you don't have an account with Wells Fargo. Talk to a banker. They are also offering free credit reports and scores (FAKO, through CreditXpert), so they will be able to tell you your chances and normally they can be quite accurate if you get someone who knows what he's talking about.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 24
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

i don't think you have to bring down the balance to zero when you apply. u can just apply first, and if ur approved, then close the secured one. i doubt they will let you transfer the CL over though, since your 4k CL on your secured is because you left 4k as deposit. But they might start you with a high CL.

The best way to increase your chances is to apply in a branch through a banker or if possible, a manager. If you have banking relationship with Wells Fargo, they can somehow increase your chances by quite a bit usually. Wells Fargo is quite "lagging behind" in their credit department in the sense that a lot of the paperwork are preferably done in person. For example you can't apply online if you don't have an account with Wells Fargo. Talk to a banker. They are also offering free credit reports and scores (FAKO, through CreditXpert), so they will be able to tell you your chances and normally they can be quite accurate if you get someone who knows what he's talking about.

Im glad you were able to give me all that info enharu....that will help me decide what to do...thanks again!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.