Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering if I should Chase app..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondering if I should Chase app..

Trying to decide if I should app for a Chase Freedom before my latest Amex new account posts putting me over the 5/24. My scores are climbing although my AAOA is only 1.2 years. I'm afraid a new Chase coupled with the soon to report Amex Delta will kill my scores. I'm not in the market for any big ticket items in the next year  so I'm wondering if I should just take the new app hits now and then garden. Also pre-qualed for and considering CapOne QS1 and Citi Double Cash.

Current fico 8 scores:
Exp 650
Eq 659
TU 640

My relatively new credit and two collections from 7 years ago (about to fall off in August) are the reasons for my subpar scores.

Accounts:
Amex BCE $5000
Amex Platinum npsl
Amex Delta Gold $1500
Original CapOne $500 (secured that started my rebuild)
DiscoverIt $1200

Inquiries: Only 2 Amex and 1 discover in the last 18 months

Go for it or garden and forget Chase?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wondering if I should Chase app..

If you are going to do Chase and Freedom is 1 of your must haves I would also apply for a United or Marriott at same time in 2 incognito windows because freedom doesn't typically see the higher starting lines that the CSP or CSR or united or marriott due and if you get both then you can move limit from 1 and just keep 1 with much higher limit!

I would not apply for QS1 becuase that is the lower tier under $5k limit usually with AF.

Citi double cash sure!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are "on the cusp" so my advice will always be to NOT app in these situations.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Should-I-app-for-Would-I-get-approved-for-t...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your scores are "on the cusp" so my advice will always be to NOT app in these situations.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Should-I-app-for-Would-I-get-approved-for-threads/td-p/4798104

+1

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update after following your advise. My scores have really taken off after disputing and deletion of old collection. TU Fico8 sits at 723, EX at 680 and EQ AT 676 and they haven't updated since the delation. Hoping to be safely into the 700 club across the board soon.

Thanks for talking me down! 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Trying to decide if I should app for a Chase Freedom before my latest Amex new account posts putting me over the 5/24. My scores are climbing although my AAOA is only 1.2 years. I'm afraid a new Chase coupled with the soon to report Amex Delta will kill my scores. I'm not in the market for any big ticket items in the next year  so I'm wondering if I should just take the new app hits now and then garden. Also pre-qualed for and considering CapOne QS1 and Citi Double Cash.

Current fico 8 scores:
Exp 650
Eq 659
TU 640

My relatively new credit and two collections from 7 years ago (about to fall off in August) are the reasons for my subpar scores.

Accounts:
Amex BCE $5000
Amex Platinum npsl
Amex Delta Gold $1500
Original CapOne $500 (secured that started my rebuild)
DiscoverIt $1200

Inquiries: Only 2 Amex and 1 discover in the last 18 months

Go for it or garden and forget Chase?

Thanks!

Well you got approved for the amex platinum that's always a good sign!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.