cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woo-hoo! New CL on Sears/ Citi MasterCard: $1,212!!!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Woo-hoo! New CL on Sears/ Citi MasterCard: $1,212!!!

OK, I guess I will have to start using the card again, and making nice noises about Sears. I had the wacko and pretty useless CL of $775, which might be semi-OK for a clothing store card, but won't buy you much in the way of a refrigerator these days. I tried for a CLI back in October but was briskly shot down, so I nearly maxed out the card for three months, hoping to impress them.

I called this evening to ask if I would ever be back in their good graces, and they did a soft and approved me for a new CL of $1212. Even the CSR was laughing about this one.

He also said he had no idea why my credit reports showed that I disputed the account, because they didn't enter it (and I didn't enter it.) And he also said that he didn't see any indication that I was on some sort of Citi perpetual fecal chart, so maybe I'll have a chance for the Citi Drivers' Edge and Home Depot cards in March or April after all.

Woo-hoo!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Woo-hoo! New CL on Sears/ Citi MasterCard: $1,212!!!

Nice!  WTG, HTSU!  There is hope after all!
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you. It's really good to see the mods getting some love too.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the cli. sears lost my buis forever.

the stove we bough had a mail in rebate for 49.00 and i assumed (ya i know) since the form wasn't on the receipt, or the rep didn't give it to me it would come with the stove. well it didn't.

next time i was in sears i asked the rep. he says you print the form online and prints it up. well i missed it by a week or so, i ask if a manager can over ride the date issue. he starts w/well you really should have looked at you paperwork. i cut him off and say that's ok, your already accusing me of the error. that's fine i will never spend another dime in sears and wlaked away.

sorry about the mild rant, htsu congrats again.
Message 4 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dnm45227 wrote:
the stove we bough had a mail in rebate for 49.00 and i assumed (ya i know) since the form wasn't on the receipt, or the rep didn't give it to me it would come with the stove. well it didn't.
next time i was in sears i asked the rep. he says you print the form online and prints it up. well i missed it by a week or so, i ask if a manager can over ride the date issue. he starts w/well you really should have looked at you paperwork. i cut him off and say that's ok, your already accusing me of the error. that's fine i will never spend another dime in sears and wlaked away.

Hey, ducky, I understand completely! I shop at Sears maybe once every 5 years. Back in the fall, once I realized that I was stuck with the silly thing, I figured that I could at least get free shipping on appliances by using the card, which is why I wanted a CLI.

But now that I'm best buds with Home Depot, which is right down the road, this card will probably just keep buying gas and CD's and the other minor excitements of life. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@dnm45227 wrote:

Hey, ducky, I understand completely! I shop at Sears maybe once every 5 years. Back in the fall, once I realized that I was stuck with the silly thing, I figured that I could at least get free shipping on appliances by using the card, which is why I wanted a CLI.

But now that I'm best buds with Home Depot, which is right down the road, this card will probably just keep buying gas and CD's and the other minor excitements of life. Smiley Wink

Congrats Hauling.... Now that you have friends in the high places at Citi, may be you can put in a good word for me and help me get a HD Biz MasterCard for my business?.
Message 6 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Red1Blue wrote:

Congrats Hauling.... Now that you have friends in the high places at Citi, may be you can put in a good word for me and help me get a HD Biz MasterCard for my business?.

I'll be sure to mention you when I finally screw up my courage and squeak a request for my regular HD! Can't imagine what sort of CL I would get from them. $83.27, or something.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The computer at CITI is on crack!!!- $1212

Maybe you should go play the PICk4 lottery.
Message 8 of 15
orl2185
Established Contributor

Timothy wrote:
The computer at CITI is on crack!!!- $1212

Maybe you should go play the PICk4 lottery.

LOL, BTW Super Duper Congrats go out to HTSU.... WTGSmiley Wink

Crackhead Citi
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh congrats sweetie! That card has been a thorn in your foot for months. WTG! Smiley Happy

What an odd cli! That's almost funny!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.