Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WooHoo! Approved for new card!

tag
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

WooHoo! Approved for new card!

I thought I would "pull the trigger" since I have let everything simmer on its own for awhile as far as credit is concerned.  I appplied in person at Target for the infamous RedCard (known for low limits and few CLI's) and was initially told more time was needed.  I waited in the store for about ten minutes expecting a loud and resounding NO, but was pleasantly surprised with a yes with a 2000 CL!  Woah.  Higher than any other LOC I have right now.  I was floored.  You just never know.  That was after being turned down for a CLI from Capital One today on a card with a 750 CL which is practically worthless.  

Now, I wait til late spring for my mini app-o-rama. Hopefully Amex Zync, Discover Business, or US Bank Business.

TU FICO 751

CE Analytics/Experian 667

TU FAKO (Credit Karma) 719

CK Vantage Score 745

EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Re: WooHoo! Approved for new card!

Awesome! Congrats! That will add a nice mix of credit to your portfolio. I have similar aspirations as you in terms of cards you want to acquire. We will toast to our fufilled dreams this summer!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 2 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@baronofthenorth wrote:

I thought I would "pull the trigger" since I have let everything simmer on its own for awhile as far as credit is concerned.  I appplied in person at Target for the infamous RedCard (known for low limits and few CLI's) and was initially told more time was needed.  I waited in the store for about ten minutes expecting a loud and resounding NO, but was pleasantly surprised with a yes with a 2000 CL!  Woah.  Higher than any other LOC I have right now.  I was floored.  You just never know.  That was after being turned down for a CLI from Capital One today on a card with a 750 CL which is practically worthless.  

Now, I wait til late spring for my mini app-o-rama. Hopefully Amex Zync, Discover Business, or US Bank Business.

TU FICO 751

CK Vantage Score 745

Congratulations... but I can't help but wonder why you wanted a card "known for low limits and few CLIs"? (I know nothing about this card. I'm just going on what you said about it.)

BTW, ITA about Cap One! They specialize in causing their customers frustration! Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

Congratulations... but I can't help but wonder why you wanted a card "known for low limits and few CLIs"? (I know nothing about this card. I'm just going on what you said about it.)

BTW, ITA about Cap One! They specialize in causing their customers frustration! Smiley Mad

Target Red card = 5% off your purchase. Even if you get a low limit, it can be worth using just to get the extra discounts. It's 5% any time you use it, not just a one-time % off like many store cards offer.

Definitely something I have in my sights for the future, but I need to let some INQs drop off my reports before I apply for a new card.

Message 4 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks, Andy. I couldn't figure out why one would want it. But 5% is pretty good. Too bad they don't do better on CLs so customers could get more $ back. Smiley Surprised

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 10
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

I took the risk and tried for the Zync the next day to keep it within the 30 day window, and was APPROVED!  I app'd from my iPhone, got a message to call in to a CSR, talked for about 30 minutes to verify address with my local bank (current address is not on my CR's yet) and was told good to go.  They even expedited the shipping on the card for FREE because the call took so long.  I am high on the service and politeness of Amex so far. Very professional.  Now I am back to gardening for at least 6 months.  Very happy!

EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 6 of 10
IMCUTE2
Contributor

Congrats on your approvals.  Who did Amex pull and do you know your scores?

FICO08 TU 785 EQ 763 EX 744 as of 05/06/15 GOAL 800+ ALL 3 BY 2016
Message 7 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! You've done pretty good for yourself this week! Smiley Tongue You have some great cards planted in your garden. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

No indication in the acceptance letter from Amex, but the Cap1 b"@&$€ds pulled hard on Equifax - 747 for the CLI request. Oh, I did call for a recon on the Discover Business and got approved with a 4500 CL. Now off to the garden with great happiness!
TU FICO 751
CK Vantage Score 745
EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah for you!  I am an AU on my moms account... still, as they still will not approve me...Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.