Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woot! Got my $15K Navcheck!

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Woot! Got my $15K Navcheck!

Mehhh, I was bored so I hit that luv button and bam!  $15K approval!!! Woot Woot!!

So now I have $32K in CL's from NFCU and that's from only $2K in December.....hmmm not bad at all Woman LOL

Gotta luv NFCU!

Well, still in the garden and waiting till next March to hit up for my 1st Amex.  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Woot! Got my $15K Navcheck!

@Rhaeny wrote:

Mehhh, I was bored so I hit that luv button and bam!  $15K approval!!! Woot Woot!!

So now I have $32K in CL's from NFCU and that's from only $2K in December.....hmmm not bad at all Woman LOL

Gotta luv NFCU!

Well, still in the garden and waiting till next March to hit up for my 1st Amex.  

Congrats got to luv NFCU nice

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 16
mr_brendo
Established Member

Still trying to figure out if i should try for a CLI with NavyFed as well.  Ive got good history with them, but a pretty high usage % as of right now.

Congrats BTW, and good look with the AMEX

Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mr_brendo wrote:

Still trying to figure out if i should try for a CLI with NavyFed as well.  Ive got good history with them, but a pretty high usage % as of right now.

Congrats BTW, and good look with the AMEX

more info... 

Message 4 of 16
mr_brendo
Established Member

As requested, i opened my navfed account a little more than 2 years ago with a 500 nav check.  Cash rewards card, i got shortly after with a 2000 limit.  since then auto increases on my CL have raised to to its current 4500 limit.  Navcheck has remained the same.  No late payments ever, one card i closed due to lack of credit knowledge before i enlisted.  usage as of right now is at about 60% but i have been paying it down.

hope thats enough info to get some advice

Message 5 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mr_brendo wrote:

As requested, i opened my navfed account a little more than 2 years ago with a 500 nav check.  Cash rewards card, i got shortly after with a 2000 limit.  since then auto increases on my CL have raised to to its current 4500 limit.  Navcheck has remained the same.  No late payments ever, one card i closed due to lack of credit knowledge before i enlisted.  usage as of right now is at about 60% but i have been paying it down.

hope thats enough info to get some advice

if you have the paystubs for the income then I say it's worth the request... Navy overlooks what others have real issues with... you won't be 60% if they give you a phatty increaseSmiley Tongue

Id go online and request Navcheck to $15k, followed by a quick request for the Credit Card to $25k (most likely both will be reviewed so both are going to get counters anyway, and a good chance at least one of them will be approved with income verificaiton.... if it makes you feel better just request $15k nav and $15k credit.... but if you don't ask for $15k on that Nav I'm pulling Shark Tank and you are DEAD TO ME Smiley Tongue Smiley Happy

Sorry OP for thread hijack... SUPER CONGRATS on your CLI and I think it makes a perfect platform to push others over the edge to do what they should have done a while agoSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 16
mr_brendo
Established Member

Not exactly sure what you mean by paystubs to match.  I mean im just a lowly little E-3 living in the baracks so my annual pay is just under 20k. And you really dont think my high usage % will keep them from approving?  And my thoughts were exactly what you posted, while continuing to pay it down an increase would quickly drop my percentage used.

Message 8 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mr_brendo wrote:

Not exactly sure what you mean by paystubs to match.  I mean im just a lowly little E-3 living in the baracks so my annual pay is just under 20k. And you really dont think my high usage % will keep them from approving?  And my thoughts were exactly what you posted, while continuing to pay it down an increase would quickly drop my percentage used.

I mean just be prepared to show the paystubs... so while the $20k will keep your CL probably below the $15k on each I say you should ask for... I don't think it will keep you from getting the approval of at least partial on both!

Message 9 of 16
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your increase! Nice!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.