Re: Words that I love and Hate!

@CreditScholar wrote:
How about: your account has been flagged for a financial review? Smiley Happy

LOL... Good one CreditScholar!

Message 11 of 16
Vikz27
New Contributor

The reason for the physical address instead of postal is is due to patriot act rule against financing terrorism.
Message 12 of 16
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@ForMyBiz wrote:

@DieGo2SHAE wrote:

As someone that has to use a P.O. Box both at home (very small town, post office doesn't deliver to street addresses) and at school (usps won't deliver to dorms), I hate "No, you can't enter your mailing address along with your residential address, only your residential" Smiley Mad

UPS store mailbox solves this problem Man LOL

Although I guess in a small enough town that might not be an option :-|

Sorry to resurrect a thread from last month, but I have a question about this. I moved to a small town with no home mail delivery (and no UPS store/Mail Boxes, etc. as an alternate delivery location). All my credit cards accepted my PO box address with no problem and that's the address that's now on my CRs.

But I can't use the PO box addy for apps, and if I put in my street address, it won't match what's on the CRs. I've found that if I enter a PO addy, it's an instant NO. If I enter the street address I don't know what I'd get, but I might never get the cc I was apping for because it would end up in PO limbo unless the postmaster was feeling nice the day it arrived.

I'm still in the garden, but I won't be in a few months. What's the best way to cope with this problem?

Message 13 of 16
jbrown773
Contributor

+1

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
Mrm-na
New Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@ForMyBiz wrote:

@DieGo2SHAE wrote:

As someone that has to use a P.O. Box both at home (very small town, post office doesn't deliver to street addresses) and at school (usps won't deliver to dorms), I hate "No, you can't enter your mailing address along with your residential address, only your residential" Smiley Mad

UPS store mailbox solves this problem Man LOL

Although I guess in a small enough town that might not be an option :-|

Sorry to resurrect a thread from last month, but I have a question about this. I moved to a small town with no home mail delivery (and no UPS store/Mail Boxes, etc. as an alternate delivery location). All my credit cards accepted my PO box address with no problem and that's the address that's now on my CRs.

But I can't use the PO box addy for apps, and if I put in my street address, it won't match what's on the CRs. I've found that if I enter a PO addy, it's an instant NO. If I enter the street address I don't know what I'd get, but I might never get the cc I was apping for because it would end up in PO limbo unless the postmaster was feeling nice the day it arrived.

I'm still in the garden, but I won't be in a few months. What's the best way to cope with this problem?

I've never done it, but there is a standardized way you can format your address so that it includes *both* your street address and your PO box.  I once heard my aunt mention that she was using that format for her confirmed address on eBay/Paypal. Like you, she had to use a PO box for USPS, but also needed a street address to show.

It did cause confusion with some sellers who didn't realize her address format was deliverable by UPS/FedEx - the mere presence of the words "PO Box" made them jump to false conclusions.  But as long as she could get people to ship, the address did work.

I imagine that this address format could also deal with the problems you and Diego2Shae have run into.  It would serve as a singular address that handles both street and PO Box purposes.  Of course, I have no idea if creditors will accept it or not, but that's what I'd try.  Also, since the addresses already on file might not be in this format, you might still have matching issues.  Hopefully the systems have enough intelligence to make the match.. but who knows.

But in the long run, if you get everyone to store your address this way, it might ultimately be the best solution.

I found it explained as a "Dual Address" on page 7 of this PDF - read this over to see how they want you to format it:

http://pe.usps.gov/cpim/ftp/pubs/Pub28/pub28.pdf

From the way it's described, whoever has your address can retain it internally in this format, but when they send mail it's preferred that they eliminate the dual addressing.  In practice, I'm pretty sure you'd get the mail regardless.  My aunt did all her eBaying with a "dual address" and I doubt most people did manual edits.

Note that USPS wants the delivery address to be immediately above the City, State, ZIP - so your PO box should be on that line.  The street address must go somewhere further above that.  When you fill out a web form, I don't know how you can make sure that they process this correctly.  I guess put the street address on "address line 1", and the PO Box on "address line 2" and hope they keep it in the correct order.

example:

Gunnar419

222 Dusty Wy

PO BOX 19

Sticksville, OK 62313

Message 15 of 16
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Thank you mrm-na.

I've done something like that for delivery addresses, though I never knew that the PO box addy was supposed to be on the lower line! You're right that though it might still cause initial problems, in the long run that might cover the situation.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.