Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Elite M/C vs Visa Signature

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

World Elite M/C vs Visa Signature

1. Do you think the underwriting is the same for both of these?

2. What are your thoughts on the perks offered by both of these?

3. Do you like one more than the other?

4. Of all the perks, what do you use more?

*8/10/13
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: World Elite M/C vs Visa Signature

Message 2 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

On 1) I would think the underwriting is dominated by a) the issuer and b) the underlying card, so a PenFed Visa Sig is harder than say a Barclays Visa Sig, and where one bank offers both Plat and Sig on one card, and World and WE on another, the different standards apply more to the card.   In the (few) cases where Visa Sig and World Elite are available on the same card for the same bank, conventional wisdom puts WE as harder.

On 2-4, I never use the perks, I go for the features of the card itself (e.g. 5x categories etc) but I guess others do.

Message 3 of 28
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Planning another midnight run??Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 28
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Oh no no.... I have both signature version and world elite version cards already.

I really have not used the perks much but am planning a couple of international trips.

I just thought it would be an interesting conversation and might learn something.

*8/10/13
Message 5 of 28
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

Oh no no.... I have both signature version and world elite version cards already.

I really have not used the perks much but am planning a couple of international trips.

I just thought it would be an interesting conversation and might learn something.

What card do you have that is a World Elite? Did you get it when you applied for it or did you PC to it?

I would love input from others on what they think the big differences are as well.

Message 6 of 28
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I saw your siggy but still need confirmation.  I was ready to dispatch the team.Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 28
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

@dodfire wrote:

What card do you have that is a World Elite? Did you get it when you applied for it or did you PC to it?

I would love input from others on what they think the big differences are as well.

My Citi Prestige is a World Elite.

It was not a PC

I just applied for it in my last spree a month ago.

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 28
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

I saw your siggy but still need confirmation.  I was ready to dispatch the team.Smiley Wink

LOL No need for alarm..I am planted and in 4 more days I hit my 1 month mark Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Message 9 of 28
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@dodfire wrote:

On 1) I would think the underwriting is dominated by a) the issuer and b) the underlying card, so a PenFed Visa Sig is harder than say a Barclays Visa Sig, and where one bank offers both Plat and Sig on one card, and World and WE on another, the different standards apply more to the card.   In the (few) cases where Visa Sig and World Elite are available on the same card for the same bank, conventional wisdom puts WE as harder.

On 2-4, I never use the perks, I go for the features of the card itself (e.g. 5x categories etc) but I guess others do.

One reason I asked about the underwriting was this:

I applied and was approved for the Citi Prestige World Elite card and the Thank You Primier Visa Signature 24 hours apart from each other.

The World Elite Card $11k instant approval

The Visa Signature $6k instant approval

I was not sure if that difference was from underwriting or just based on my credit profile.

*8/10/13
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.