Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World MC with 1k limit ?!Is citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

World MC with 1k limit ?!Is citi

i recently just PC my citi diamond Preffered into a double cash and the new card says world MC ! What does that mean ?  is citi making us feel more important with our **bleep** limits of under 2k !? 

Citi Double Cash 1k, CSP 5k , Chase United 5k , BOFA Cash 4.5k , Discover it 1k , Chase Slate 2k , Chase Freedom 1k , Hilton Amex 3k , U.S. Airways 7.5k , Amazon Store $2k 
Gardening from now on last app 2/10/2015

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: World MC with 1k limit ?!Is citi

Oh $1000 is pretty high for a World MasterCard. You can get a World Elite MasterCard as low as $200 with Capital One and Barclays Bank Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 23
firetech593
Regular Contributor

FYI, I have a Citi AA WEMC at 1k...

Message 3 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

For most people it means basically nothing. You get the word "World" written above MC. That's about it. The benefits are nothing anyone is likely to actually use.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

Oh $1000 is pretty high for a World MasterCard. You can get a World Elite MasterCard as low as $200 with Capital One and Barclays Bank Smiley Happy

So it's not visa sig 5k min cl

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DoubleCash almost ALWAYS has a low credit limit. The reason is that it's debatable whether the card is even profitable for Citi, so they don't give out high limits on the card.

As far as World MC goes, that's great! Check out this link for reasons why World MC are awesome

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/09/top-10-most-valuable-world-mastercard-benefits/

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

For most people it means basically nothing. You get the word "World" written above MC. That's about it. The benefits are nothing anyone is likely to actually use.

For most people that don't read the 500 page guide that comes with credit cards nowadays it means nothing  Smiley Tongue I'm a nerd so I like reading that stuff 

Message 7 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

As far as that list, the only really useful thing I see is roadside assistance.  Most of the rest are warranties or price protections which are nice to have but are always going to be a total PITA to actually use/redeem/whatever (all warranties are). It's nice to get a discount on airport concierge, although it's nothing I would care to use, I don't really need help to get on a plane lol.

The number two benefit on that list has nothing to do with WMC though. It's the benefits of a few specific cards. The Arrival+ offers 2% on all purchases...that's not really a WMC benefit, it's just a benefit of that card period.

Of course it's nice to have an "upgrade" to a WMC especially since it's free. My Sallie Mae is a WMC. It's just dubious how many of the benefits people are actually going to use. I just never understood the fascination with niche benefits that are nothing useful for day to day living (except for heavy travellers perhaps).

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I laugh when people pay with a visa sig for a car rental and buy the rentals collision insurance when they can get it for free with visa ! 

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi DoubleCash almost ALWAYS has a low credit limit. The reason is that it's debatable whether the card is even profitable for Citi, so they don't give out high limits on the card.

As far as World MC goes, that's great! Check out this link for reasons why World MC are awesome

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/09/top-10-most-valuable-world-mastercard-benefits/

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firetech593 wrote:

FYI, I have a Citi AA WEMC at 1k...

That sure make me feel extra elite with my 2k Citi DP card Smiley Surprised Time to check with Citi to see if I can get a WE slapped on my card Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.