Did you mean: 

World MC with CL < 5000

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Re: World MC with CL < 5000

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Follow you on that. About the time they catch-up, the world changes. Not sure why? Also, I did add the EMV Chip.

I guess the only good benefit is the quarterly 5% the only problem is that it never seems to have categories that I like.  Except Q4.  I might run close to my yearly limit on it.

is that its free Smiley Happy

the whole excitement/novelty with 5% category cards have become so BLUH to me

but i will be using this Q4 to buy my PS4

Message 21 of 32
nash2vic
Valued Member

I have my Chase Ink WMC with $2000 initial CL and Citi AA WMC with $3200 CL.
Is there any way I can upgrade my cards to WEMC?

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: EX FAKO 799 (Credit.com), TU FICO (Discover) 757 (4/19/14), TU MYFICO 738, EQ ?
Goal Score: 800

Amazon 3500 - PayPal Credit 6000 - Discover IT 9000 - AMEX TE 2000 - AMEX BCE 2000 - CITI TY 6000 - CITI Simplicity - 5900 - Chase Freedom 5800 - Chase Amazon 1700 - Macys 1000 - Cap 1 4000 - CITI Shell 1200 - Chase INK 2000 - CSP 10800 - BofA Cash 5000
Message 22 of 32
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:
So it appears World/World Elite Mastercard and Visa Signature has lost any little prestige they had left. These are supposed to be the top cards in the United States and they just let banks throw them at anyone. 5000 is really not that high and they should really raise it to 25,000 or something that requires a lot more to be worthy of.

+1. My feelings exactly, but this isn't going to happen since they're making too much extra money off the higher swipe fees. Regardless of what people say, the only card that is truly impossible for most people to attain is the centurion. Everything else is fairly easy to obtain, and even the palladium is doable for many with some planning and patience.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 23 of 32
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@nash2vic wrote:
I have my Chase Ink WMC with $2000 initial CL and Citi AA WMC with $3200 CL.
Is there any way I can upgrade my cards to WEMC?

I don't have Citi AA so don't know much...is your Ink new ones or old ones?

Old: 7,500/ $25,000, 15,000/$50,000, 25,000/$100,000 bonus for spending.

New: 5x2x1

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember back when there was standard and then gold bank cards. Along came Platinum and it goes on from there. I had $57,500 CL with MBNA America with a Platinum Card (before the credit meltdown and they were absorbed by BofA). Things changed and as has been stated, standards seem to have changed. Started with a Citi Bank Gold Visa Card and a $5,000 CL in 1973 which was a real big deal then.
Message 25 of 32
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Yeah but this is the trend, devalue the current top tier as they prepare to introduce the next one. I'm curious if Visa will launch Infinite here or introduce a new product name for it and what will the new MasterCard be called? Hmm Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Those were the days! I remember getting my first 'Gold' card with BoA in 1987.... I thought I had made it Smiley LOL
Message 27 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Those were the days! I remember getting my first 'Gold' card with BoA in 1987.... I thought I had made it Smiley LOL

You did make it!  A mere 26 years later, you are a community leader on MyFico.  Who would have predicted that then (well, the WWW wasn't invented until a few years after, so might have been hard to predict).

Message 28 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 29 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@longtimelurker

Smiley LOL

True!

Actually, I got my first gold MC around that time (I had the gold Amex a bit earlier, but closed it).  The REALLY kewl thing was that the card was a REWARD card, that gave 1% back ON EVERY PURCHASE!!!! (Not enough capital letters or exclamation marks to express my joy).  So, practically the king of high finance....

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.