Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World MasterCard VS Visa Signature

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: World MasterCard VS Visa Signature

I used the Visa concereige service for restaurant recommendations. I asked them if they could find some vegetarian restaurants in a certain area. A few hours later, I got back a list that did not include vegetarian restaurants; they were just restaruants that offered salads or a few pasta dishes. Contrary to popular belief, we do not always want a salad for dinner. The restaurants were also not really in the location I asked. One was over an hour from the location.

This was just one time with one person, and they may have better people working there. It could also be that they saw this request as me being lazy so decided not to do much work on it.

Message 11 of 17
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I used the Visa concereige service for restaurant recommendations. I asked them if they could find some vegetarian restaurants in a certain area. A few hours later, I got back a list that did not include vegetarian restaurants; they were just restaruants that offered salads or a few pasta dishes. Contrary to popular belief, we do not always want a salad for dinner. The restaurants were also not really in the location I asked. One was over an hour from the location.

This was just one time with one person, and they may have better people working there. It could also be that they saw this request as me being lazy so decided not to do much work on it.

Sounds to me visa conserige sucks.

You shouldn't have to make excuses for them as to why they didn't meet your needs.  I would not be a happy customer if I asked for Vegetrarian resturants in my area and they gave me a listing a resturants an hour away that just happen to serve salad.

Message 12 of 17
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-world.html

Looks like World MC (Not Elite World MC) updated its perks to 24/7 concierge to be on par with Visa Sig. Yeah?

Message 13 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Most of the things the concierge can do you can typically do yourself, as long as you have the time. For complex issues I'd look to the Amex Plat/Cent or JPM concierge, but probably not the Visa/MC ones.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

i would think that visa staff is trying to troll you or something.

back to topic.......concierge is kinda pointless for most day-to-day stuff as long as you have a smartphone with a data connection. they are just for a really special niche for people trying to get / plan something very out of the norm.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 17
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Most of the things the concierge can do you can typically do yourself, as long as you have the time. For complex issues I'd look to the Amex Plat/Cent or JPM concierge, but probably not the Visa/MC ones.

Namingly getting a reservation at a Michelin restaurant is one thing that is a huge perk if you have good concierge (if they can get it of course). Anything else I can do myself on my smartphone.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondering if that is a Chase added benefit rather than a WMC Benefit?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.