Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Mastercard saved me

tag
colinstu
Regular Contributor

World Mastercard saved me

So I go to a hotel with a couple friends thinking he had booked a room for 2 nights months ago.

I ask him if he had checked in yet and he had thought the other friend booked it, asked him and he thought he booked it too.... So yup, no one had got the rooms. :/ 

They go up to the front desk to find out only the first night was available, sold out the second night.

I've never used the concierge included with my Citi Doublecash's World Mastercard but I figured I'd give it a try. 

They were super helpful and easy to work with, and I was able to book both nights with NO issues and it was the same price being quoted online and at the front desk. 

Needless to say we were all super happy Smiley Happy It's nice to know the perks of having a WMC really do seem to work out. I also remember people were skeptical that these Citi DC WMCs were really WMCs because the credit lines could be <$5k... but they really are, no doubt about it now. 

Will this work every time? Probably not, but it really made our trip a lot more enjoyable not having to worry about finding another room the second night. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: World Mastercard saved me

Glad it worked out for you ....game changer indeed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

cool!!
Message 3 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@colinstu wrote:

So I go to a hotel with a couple friends thinking he had booked a room for 2 nights months ago.

I ask him if he had checked in yet and he had thought the other friend booked it, asked him and he thought he booked it too.... So yup, no one had got the rooms. :/ 

They go up to the front desk to find out only the first night was available, sold out the second night.

I've never used the concierge included with my Citi Doublecash's World Mastercard but I figured I'd give it a try. 

They were super helpful and easy to work with, and I was able to book both nights with NO issues and it was the same price being quoted online and at the front desk. 

Needless to say we were all super happy Smiley Happy It's nice to know the perks of having a WMC really do seem to work out. I also remember people were skeptical that these Citi DC WMCs were really WMCs because the credit lines could be <$5k... but they really are, no doubt about it now. 

Will this work every time? Probably not, but it really made our trip a lot more enjoyable not having to worry about finding another room the second night. 

This is great news!  I've never used the perks of my World MC or any from my Visa Signatures either.  I guess I should look into those.Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is helpful to know about the DoubleCash concierge! Glad it worked out

Message 7 of 8
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Also note that the concierge number is not on the back of the card. 

I had to google it up, the number I used was 1-800-336-6420 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.