Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Mastercard vs. Amex Zync Benefits

tag
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

World Mastercard vs. Amex Zync Benefits

Just wondering which card you would use if scheduling a trip, buying a computer, or for any other high cost charge where a card's benefits may come in handy?  There are a lot of similarities between the two in regards to benefits, but I have no experience with the customer service from either company.  Seems like a lot would depend on their willingness to stand behind their benefits in an easy, time-efficient manner.  I'm waiting for my Zync to get here, and have had a Citi Dividend World Mastercard for the past year.  Just trying to figure out the best one to use for upcoming trips/large expenses.  I'm more concerned about the benefits than the points.  Thanks.

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: World Mastercard vs. Amex Zync Benefits

Check each cards rewards programs, you may find  2 or more points per dollars at various electronic stores, newegg,  tigerdirect for example. Some times you get up to 10 points per dollar and they seem to change frequently. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

If I am buying a computer and want extended warranty, I will put it on the order of

AMEX (except Citi) > Discover > Visa Signature (except Citi) > Platinum Visa/MC & World MC & All Citi CC

Message 3 of 6
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Any reason you specifically rule out Citi and place them last?  

And I guess you would say Amex > World Mastercard for travel benefits too?  Well, I guess not the benefits themselves, as a lot depends on the specific card, but as far as standing behind stated benefits (which appear to be almost identical between the two when comparing World Mastercard to the Zync, unless I'm missing something).

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 4 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:

Any reason you specifically rule out visa and place them last?  

And I guess you would say Amex > World Mastercard for travel benefits too?  Well, I guess not the benefits themselves, as a lot depends on the specific card, but as far as standing behind stated benefits (which appear to be almost identical between the two when comparing World Mastercard to the Zync, unless I'm missing something).

When it comes to purchase protection and extended warranty, AMEX wins hands down since you can file claim online and the review is excellent. Next is Discover (issued directly from Discover website, not card like Walmart Discover) for long duration of extended warranty (one additional year on top of original warranty less than 36 months).

Visa Signature follows Discover but Visa requires assessment, recipe and has about 2 weeks of turnaround for reimbursement.

Platinum Visa, all MasterCard, and all CC issued by Citi (Citi does not rely on Visa/MC/AMEX for warranty/protection) have the worst extended warranty (doubling original warranty only if original is less than a year).

Travel benefit wise it depends on which card you have.

Message 5 of 6
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

American Express is the best choice. I purchased a laptop with the card and they covered the entire cost to repair it.

Also when I had to dispute a charge because a merchant would not refund Amex took care of it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.