cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Mastercard with only $1,000 limit?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: World Mastercard with only $1,000 limit?

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Cookie2120987 wrote:
Has anyone else gotten a World Mastercard with such a low limit? My citi double cash turned our to be a world mastercard... I have not had a chance to call Citi due to work yet but my card is clearly says world on it like the other world Mastercard I saw. I scratched my head as to why they gave me a world with such a low limit, I know my scores are improving and my world Mastercard for capitol one is under review which I expected to aquire that one first but this just reallt intrigues me. Do any other double cash holders have a world version?

A common experience when the DC was launched (and maybe still) is that everyone, or most, who applied, got the World version, those that PCd, even from a World MC, didn't.     There are also claims that the World version isn't a "real" world (missing NPSL for example) but as someone who PCd, I don't know that for a fact.   (Citi also told me that the DC isn't available in World, which is obviously untrue in the sense that people have the card with World on!)

Not a "real" World MC? Who would spout such nonsense?

DC doesn't show as NPSL on reports, but it is a real WMC and you can go over the limit. I went over my limit by $200 or so and paid it in full before statement closing. No question asked. There is no over limit fee.

It does have NPSL then!

I think since the CARD act, the term has become more blurry.   Before this, if you went over the limit pn a non-flexible card,  an issuer could/would impose a over the limit fee, and this was significant revenue for them.    And so even on these cards, you could (subject to the issuer approving the transaction) go over the limit.  And similarly, the issuer can deny any transaction, so you might not be able to get over the limit on a  flex card if that happens.

WIth the CARD act, you now have to opt in for late fees.  I've never been asked, and not sure if anyone has.   The issuers could then just decline OTL transactions, but if the risk is ok, they would rather get the swipe fee than nothing.

Message 21 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless someone has a counter-example I believe all Citi DoubleCash cards that were direct applications (not PCs) are WMCs regardless of credit limit. 

As I said earlier, that did indeed seem to be the case in the first month of applications, along with PCing leading to NON-WMC versions.   Others have posted that more recently PCs are also WMC, so, as you suggest, they are probably providing Worlds to all now.

Message 22 of 34
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I just PC'd my 2,600 Dividend to Double Cash and it came as a World. Don't know the benefits of this. Got an increase after PC.
Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cookie2120987 wrote:
Has anyone else gotten a World Mastercard with such a low limit? My citi double cash turned our to be a world mastercard... I have not had a chance to call Citi due to work yet but my card is clearly says world on it like the other world Mastercard I saw. I scratched my head as to why they gave me a world with such a low limit, I know my scores are improving and my world Mastercard for capitol one is under review which I expected to aquire that one first but this just reallt intrigues me. Do any other double cash holders have a world version?

I have the sallie mae world mastercard and my limit is $750... Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Double Cash is a World MC as well, at $1500. I'm actually more surprised to read that some here didn't get a WMC Double Cash, I figured that was just how all of them were...

Message 25 of 34
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for all the replies, I really thought world versions needed a higher score and a higher credit line. I don't think I'll use much if any of he benefits but hey, still feels good to have a world mastercard Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 34
texasman07
Established Contributor

I just got a letter stating that my 300$ CL dividend card has been upgraded to a World MasterCard lol. Ummmmmm ok
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my WMC has $500 limit right now. Lol.
Message 28 of 34
texasman07
Established Contributor

That is just so strange. Why even bother. Oh I forgot, it doesn't benefit the customer just Citi for every swipe !
Message 29 of 34
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:
That is just so strange. Why even bother. Oh I forgot, it doesn't benefit the customer just Citi for every swipe !

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't believe the DC offers most of the WMC benefits. Am I wrong? So it's really just a pseudo WMC

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.