Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried about amex..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worried about amex..

I just got the news that a medical bill has gone to collection.. My insurance company didn't cover an MRI, and well neither can I.. I know that AMEX will soft new carmembers A LOT, and I'm pretty worried about it.. Am I about to kiss my AMEX PRG goodbye..?

I know that a collection is a collection, but I've heard that medical collection have less impact.. As for now, I'm trying to keep them from reporting it.. If they haven't already.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worried about amex..

I'm suffering with the same worries!!! 

I've had a Federal Tax Lien that reappeared on my Equifax a few months ago.  Amex did not know about it because when they approved my Zinc and BCP, they pulled Experian which was clean as a whistle. 

Well, as of August 1st, that blasted Federal Tax Lien is appearing on Experian, Equifax and Transunion all three!!!  

I have fought Equifax to get the stinkin' thing taken off my CRs till I am worn out.  I went through my State's AG, I've filed a complaint with the BBB, I even got a signed letter from the County Recorder's Office (where this elusive Tax Lien is supposed to be on file) saying that they have NO such records --- REGARDLESS of all that, Equifax continues to report this Federal Tax Lien --- AND NOW ---  Experian and Transunion are reporting it too!!! 

Like you, I am very concerned that Amex is going to close down my Zinc and BCP. Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Part of me is wondering if I call Amex and explain, or better yet, let them know about it before it surprises them..

Would this be a good measure? Or would this, most likely, shoot myself in the foot.. Hmm.. Any thoughts?
Message 3 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Part of me is wondering if I call Amex and explain, or better yet, let them know about it before it surprises them..

Would this be a good measure? Or would this, most likely, shoot myself in the foot.. Hmm.. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't call them, if AA happens let them stumble on it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I agree. Don't do anything until they do.  In mean time, just do what you can.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the news that a medical bill has gone to collection.. My insurance company didn't cover an MRI, and well neither can I.. I know that AMEX will soft new carmembers A LOT, and I'm pretty worried about it.. Am I about to kiss my AMEX PRG goodbye..?

I know that a collection is a collection, but I've heard that medical collection have less impact.. As for now, I'm trying to keep them from reporting it.. If they haven't already.

Who sent you to get a MRI? Why is your insurance company no paying for it, do you have a HMO or PPO, and how much is the bill for?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 15
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Can you work with the hospital to pull it out of collections and enter a payment plan?  Might be worth a shot.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 15
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I would call the hospital ASAP most of the time they will take any kind of payment. My mom has a few bills at hospital left over after insurance paid, she sends them minimal amount of money every month. They can not turn you in as long as you make a payment. Even $20 a month. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 8 of 15
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm suffering with the same worries!!! 

I've had a Federal Tax Lien that reappeared on my Equifax a few months ago.  Amex did not know about it because when they approved my Zinc and BCP, they pulled Experian which was clean as a whistle. 

Well, as of August 1st, that blasted Federal Tax Lien is appearing on Experian, Equifax and Transunion all three!!!  

I have fought Equifax to get the stinkin' thing taken off my CRs till I am worn out.  I went through my State's AG, I've filed a complaint with the BBB, I even got a signed letter from the County Recorder's Office (where this elusive Tax Lien is supposed to be on file) saying that they have NO such records --- REGARDLESS of all that, Equifax continues to report this Federal Tax Lien --- AND NOW ---  Experian and Transunion are reporting it too!!! 

Like you, I am very concerned that Amex is going to close down my Zinc and BCP. Smiley Sad

Federal Tax Liens are normally put in place by the IRS, not State governments.  Have you checked with the IRS?

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 9 of 15
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

Can you work with the hospital to pull it out of collections and enter a payment plan?  Might be worth a shot.

+1  In this day and age, I can't see any hospital not being willing to work out a payment arrangement.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.