Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried about amex..

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Worried about amex..

Totally make arrangements with the company providing the mri. Use freedom and cap1 is you have to. Possibly talk with the provider about applying for care credit credit card
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

Can you work with the hospital to pull it out of collections and enter a payment plan?  Might be worth a shot.

+1  In this day and age, I can't see any hospital not being willing to work out a payment arrangement.

I agree, get in touch with the hospital ASAP and see if they will pull it back from the CA.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 15
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm suffering with the same worries!!! 

I've had a Federal Tax Lien that reappeared on my Equifax a few months ago.  Amex did not know about it because when they approved my Zinc and BCP, they pulled Experian which was clean as a whistle. 

Well, as of August 1st, that blasted Federal Tax Lien is appearing on Experian, Equifax and Transunion all three!!!  

I have fought Equifax to get the stinkin' thing taken off my CRs till I am worn out.  I went through my State's AG, I've filed a complaint with the BBB, I even got a signed letter from the County Recorder's Office (where this elusive Tax Lien is supposed to be on file) saying that they have NO such records --- REGARDLESS of all that, Equifax continues to report this Federal Tax Lien --- AND NOW ---  Experian and Transunion are reporting it too!!! 

Like you, I am very concerned that Amex is going to close down my Zinc and BCP. Smiley Sad

Is your federal tax lien paid in full?  If so, you may be able to have it withdrawn.

I had a federal lien from 2004 when an accountant screwed up my taxes because of an inheritance from the previous year which resulted in my not paying enough taxes on it.  A few years later, it caught up to me and I was in a situation where I couldn't pay it (had lost my job and money was very tight).  When I tried doing an Offer in Compromise, they did not approve it and immediately filed a lien.  I was able to pay it off last year. 

Sometime toward the end of last year, I guess something was passed where if someone requests a lien withdrawal, the IRS has to consider removing it so that it won't show up on things like credit reports.  I just saw this a few weeks ago and mailed the paperwork in.  It takes 45 days for them to process, so I don't know if this works yet or not since my 45 days aren't up yet, but it's worth a try for you to try it if your lien is paid in full.  It looks like they will also consider withdrawing liens for people who are paying regularly on payments, but I didn't research that further since mine is paid.

Do a web search for either IRS form 668(Y) or 1227 for the form you have to fill out and mail to them.  Read the instructions about them informing credit reporting agencies - they need addresses for them.  To find what address to send it to, you have to refer to publication 4235 which you can find easily doing a web search.

I hope this works for me and I hope this information helps you and others!

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CribDuchess wrote:
Federal Tax Liens are normally put in place by the IRS, not State governments.  Have you checked with the IRS?

Yes, as soon as I saw the lien on my Equifax last year, the FIRST place I checked was the IRS.  There is NO Federal Tax Lien with my name on it in existence anywhere.  What is being reported to Equifax -- and now, Experian and Transunion, is a phantom piece of information.  I have tried sending Equifax MOV (method of verification) letters, to no avail. 

Since this is a new entry on Experian and Transunion, I am disputing it with them at this time and have explained that the IRS and the County Recorder have NO such records of there being a Federal Tax Lien in my name -- EVER!  I haven't heard back from Experian or Transunion yet but, as I said, they only started reporting this on the first of this month. 

So far, I have heard nothing from Amex, thank God -- and, interestingly, according to the FICO® score that I buy from here, although the Federal Tax Lien is reporting boldly as you please on Transunion and Equifax, my FICO® has not gone down at all. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kimmiller112 wrote:
Is your federal tax lien paid in full?  If so, you may be able to have it withdrawn.

I had a federal lien from 2004 when an accountant screwed up my taxes because of an inheritance from the previous year which resulted in my not paying enough taxes on it.  A few years later, it caught up to me and I was in a situation where I couldn't pay it (had lost my job and money was very tight).  When I tried doing an Offer in Compromise, they did not approve it and immediately filed a lien.  I was able to pay it off last year. 

Sometime toward the end of last year, I guess something was passed where if someone requests a lien withdrawal, the IRS has to consider removing it so that it won't show up on things like credit reports.  I just saw this a few weeks ago and mailed the paperwork in.  It takes 45 days for them to process, so I don't know if this works yet or not since my 45 days aren't up yet, but it's worth a try for you to try it if your lien is paid in full.  It looks like they will also consider withdrawing liens for people who are paying regularly on payments, but I didn't research that further since mine is paid.

Do a web search for either IRS form 668(Y) or 1227 for the form you have to fill out and mail to them.  Read the instructions about them informing credit reporting agencies - they need addresses for them.  To find what address to send it to, you have to refer to publication 4235 which you can find easily doing a web search.

I hope this works for me and I hope this information helps you and others!

I don't have a Federal Tax Lien nor a State Tax Lien of any kind.  That's what makes this whole mess so frustrating!  I have NEVER had a Federal Tax Lien or any other kind of Lien -- EVER!!! 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.