Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worry about my Saving Acct with Wa-Mu.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worry about my Saving Acct with Wa-Mu.

There was message on the Wa-Mu Online Acct as shown in below.

I have two CC with Chase and Saving & Checking acct with Wa-Mu two each(one opened at branch, one opened online), and using two checking accts only.  Am I require to use my two saving accts to keep it open?

I was thinking to apply for Wa-Mu CC next year.  That will be too late .... I think.  I don't know I should apply now or not.  Anyone ... any advise ... anything ...

WaMu & Chase. Safe & secure.

WaMu branches became part of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., on September 25, 2008, ensuring a bright new future for WaMu. JPMorgan Chase is known for strength and stability (and nearly a trillion dollars in customer deposits). But JPMorgan Chase brings more than money to the party: together we have over 14,000 ATMs and 5,400 branches nationwide, a quarter of a million employees, and the confidence of banking with over 100 million other customers.

We know—it’s a big, exciting change. You have questions? We have answers. To learn more, you can always stop by your local WaMu, call 1-800-788-7000 or visit wamu.com.

What do I need to do?

Just use your account as you normally would. Regular use will meet the requirements to confirm your deposits — it’s that easy. If you have an account which you actively use, you don’t need to do anything.

Regular use includes deposits, withdrawals, writing checks on any account, or having an automated direct deposit or withdrawal made.

If you have an account you don’t regularly use, you would be covered by any of the following actions:

• Make a deposit or withdrawal, write a check, or make an automated direct deposit or withdrawal;
  • Sign a new signature card on your account, enter into a new deposit agreement with us, renegotiate the terms of a certificate of deposit (CD) account; or
  • Provide us with a completed change of address form.
Don’t worry—we’ll contact you over the next few months if there’s any action you need to take.

What happens now

What will happen to my account at WaMu? And to my WaMu branch?
It’s business as usual. As of September 25, 2008, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. assumed all the deposit and loan accounts, and all branches, of Washington Mutual Bank. You can continue to access your accounts just the way you’ve accessed them in the past: use your same branch, same debit, credit and ATM cards, same checks.

Making & receiving payments

Do my WaMu direct deposit, automated payments and transfers remain the same?
Yes. These services all continue for you without interruption or action on your part.

Where do I send my WaMu credit card and loan payments?
There’s no change in how or where you make payments; payment instructions and addresses remain unchanged.

I have a Chase credit card, car loan, and mortgage. Can I make payments at a WaMu branch now?
Not yet! We’ll let you know when you can make Chase credit card, car loan, mortgage or other loan payments at WaMu branches, or vice versa.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worry about my Saving Acct with Wa-Mu.

My kids all have their savings accounts with WAMU- now chase

You should spread your wings to other companies-

If you want to App w/ WAMU you should do it before they are integrated

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My kids all have their savings accounts with WAMU- now chase

Any problem?

You should spread your wings to other companies-

What's this mean?   Open the accts with other Bank?

If you want to App w/ WAMU you should do it before they are integrated

I see.   I hope it won't loose it's benefit even after change to Chase CC.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu = Chase. If you have cards with Chase and get a WaMu it will be another Chase. Even if you apply for a WaMu now, still handled as a separate bank eventually in 6 or so months it will be converted to a Chase card.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.