Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worry has turned into anger.

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Worry has turned into anger.

I filled out an application for a WF secured credit card and was told they needed to verify a few peices of information, but didn't really mention anything specific. I gave it a few days and nothing happened, so I went to the local branch and had a banker fill one out.

The banker said I was supposed to hear back either last night or this morning, I did not.

So I called WF's credit department. It turns out the 1st app was declined due to lack of funding, they said the system tried to take it out of the wrong account. So I asked about the app I filled out with the banker, they said it would take 3-5 days for the app to approve or decline. I told them the banker said it would take 24 hours or less, and they said that wasn't true. 

So now did I not only wait 3 days on the 1st app, I now have to wait 3-5 days on the 1st app, and another 7-10 days for the card to come if approved.

I'm seriously debating taking my money to a bank that cares. This process should NOT take 2 weeks, and I want to get a head start on a second trade line. 

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Worry has turned into anger.

I understand the annoyance, but "a bank that cares"?  You are talking about funding a secured credit card, the bank isn't going to be making a lot of money out of you for some while.  So in the scheme of "customers we must make happy" you are probably not on the radar yet.

Message 2 of 13
Charmlessman
Contributor

Its too bad that this happens but almost all banks take their time. I was going to suggest Cap 1 for secured card but it took over 2 weeks for my card to get home. Good news is that once you get with Amex and Chase things speed up. Be patient , we all know thats a virtue needed in this game.

Message 3 of 13
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

This credit game is a marathon, not a sprint. I know it is hard and banks make you jump through hoops sometimes, but try and be patient. There is only so much red tape before you are cruisin along in your credit journey...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 13
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

Seriously. Go to a credit union. Their reason for existence is to help the consumer, not themselves, because they are nonprofits. USAA pisses me off because they have a commercial where a woman says, "I don't do banks, I do USAA banking..," which implies that they are not a bank, when in fact they are. It is always crucial to know who really has your back when it comes to your money. I have cards with the big banks because I make money off of them via rewards. BUT, my deposits always go to my local credit union.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 5 of 13
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Consider that its the middle of a 4 day holiday weekend. And its also the end of a month.

So, things may take some time.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 13
todd99
Valued Member

Both of my recent secured cards took two weeks to process. I too got the "need to validate information" letter which I had to send in forms and copy of ID. Be patient, the two weeks will go by fast eough. Sucks that they tried to take the money out of the wrong account though. Best of luck and hope you get your card.

Current FICO EQ: 676 | TU: 696
Starting FICO EQ: 637 on 5SEP13

Goal: 740
Message 7 of 13
mt2va
Established Contributor

Secured credit cards just take time.  I have 3 and the last one took the longest even though it was my 2nd secured card with the same lender. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 8 of 13
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:
Seriously. Go to a credit union. Their reason for existence is to help the consumer, not themselves, because they are nonprofits. USAA pisses me off because they have a commercial where a woman says, "I don't do banks, I do USAA banking..," which implies that they are not a bank, when in fact they are. It is always crucial to know who really has your back when it comes to your money. I have cards with the big banks because I make money off of them via rewards. BUT, my deposits always go to my local credit union.

+1

Well said.  You don't post a lot, but when you do, it's worth reading.

Uborrow-Upay

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the recent past, Wells Fargo had a good Secured Card with graduation in one year. Of late, reporters are finding extended graduation dates or none. Citi and Bank of America have had good secured cards with Citi taking 18 months for graduation and Bank America 6 to 12 months. Something is going on with secured cards market as Citi's is now available by phone and USAA will issue them but no graduation so what is going on is like shooting pin ball. Good luck with your challenge. Why did Wells Fargo try to fund your secured card out of the wrong account? In my recent past I had Wells Fargo for my checking, savings, investments, insurances, loans, credit cards, CDs and they changed so I moved 100% of my business and broke it up between banks and insurance companies so no one financial institution could decide what I was going to do!!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.