Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Credit Cards Known To Exist!?

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Worst Credit Cards Known To Exist!?

Its not the worst card by any means, but my experiences with my Chase Freedom have convinced me to never do any business with Chase ever again. Their CS is terrible, rude, and more scripted and robotic than other bank I've dealt with.

My Chase Freedom is SD'd and will never be used again. They can close it for inactivity, I don't care. My Discover More is better and as such is my go-to card for almost everthing.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 11 of 45
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

Its not the worst card by any means, but my experiences with my Chase Freedom have convinced me to never do any business with Chase ever again. Their CS is terrible, rude, and more scripted and robotic than other bank I've dealt with.

My Chase Freedom is SD'd and will never be used again. They can close it for inactivity, I don't care. My Discover More is better and as such is my go-to card for almost everthing.

Gosh, what happened! Have had zero problems with them since I opened one along with a checking acct last year. Even cashed in 8k points for a $100 gift card which seems like a deal.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 45
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I love Chase Freedom!!!

Any card from BOA or Citi is/are my vote(s)....
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 45
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I think the worst prime card is Discover. Having to spend $3k EACH YEAR before you start getting even 1%.....no cash back if you shop at Walmart, Target, etc... I refuse to have $3k each year go down the drain with no rewards when there are so many other good options.

I use Discover for their 5% categories and once in a great while buy something through Shop Discover. Otherwise...useless. Also, call or email their customer service twice, and you will likely get 2 different answers. Can't trust them.

Message 14 of 45
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oooo buurrrnnnn Jazzy!! LOL their cashback program is a little shady haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 45
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

+1

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 16 of 45
andre181
Established Contributor

@Jazzzy wrote:

I think the worst prime card is Discover. Having to spend $3k EACH YEAR before you start getting even 1%.....no cash back if you shop at Walmart, Target, etc... I refuse to have $3k each year go down the drain with no rewards when there are so many other good options.

I use Discover for their 5% categories and once in a great while buy something through Shop Discover. Otherwise...useless. Also, call or email their customer service twice, and you will likely get 2 different answers. Can't trust them.

You earn .25% on the first $3,000 annually, instead of the full 1% that other cards give you. If you do the math, you're only losing out on $22.50 of cash back. I consider that a small price to pay for far superior customer service than Chase or BoA. And in my experience, Discover's customer service has been as good or even slightly better than American Express. Discover has never done me wrong.

Totally not trying to brag or anything, but if you look at my signature, I have most of the more popular cash back cards from the prime banks and Discover More is my absolute favorite and I run about $3k per month through it, so I hit that $3k minimum very quickly. 

And you do earn cash back at Walmart, Target, etc., but they are at .25%. But I use my Target card at Target for 5% off, and at Walmart I use my US Bank Cash+.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 17 of 45
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Hands down Visa Black Card! That card is a joke
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 18 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm going to say worst cards..since FP was already mentioned.. Smiley Tongue 

Anything from CreditOne...

and the Continental Finance Matrix and Cerulean cards...They run on the discover network so they deceivingly throw the discover logo all over their website to try to convince people it is a Discover Bank card. 

Message 19 of 45
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

@andre181

I think Chase Freedom is a top prime card and i am sure most people would agree with me, No Annual fee and 5% on rotating categories is hard to beat.

As for the worst Prime Card i would also say the Visa Black Card by far, $450 AF with rewards that are no better than the AMEX Green.

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.