Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Credit Cards Known To Exist!?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Worst Credit Cards Known To Exist!?

First Premier since I had mine at a awesome 79% interest rate. also because good companies will often reject you for having them in your reports.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 41 of 45
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 to the Visa Black Card.

Visa black isnt even a VISA SIG card with a $495 AF to boot

Message 42 of 45
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

I think the worst credit card is the Continental Finance Cerulean Discover. It has a $144 maintenance charge billed at $12 a month on top of that it also has a $75 annual fee. That is $214 dollars a year for a credit card with no rewards, 29.99% APR, and a $300 credit limit. Before you even receive the card you already owe them $87 and have a 29% UTL on the card.

UGH...CreditKarma "recommended" this card to me and I almost crapped my pants...I'm kinda shocked Continental Finance is still in business after all the crap they pulled the first time around.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 43 of 45
TheConductor
Established Contributor

CareCredit, for all the reasons detailed here: http://creditcardforum.com/blog/ge-care-credit-card/

The best financial vehicle available for medical expenses is a Health Savings Account (HSA), not one of these interest-beartrap credit cards where if you don't pay in full by the end of the promo 0% period you get jacked for all the retroactive interest.

Granted, not everyone can afford to save in advance for their healthcare, but even if you can't do an HSA because you can't afford it or the high-deductible health plan required is not right for your needs, there are credit cards available that can give you 0% interest without the stupid retroactive trap. CareCredit makes zero sense to me, and the shady practices of some medical practitioners who push it make me go "**bleep**?!?!?!?"

Honorable mention:

Visa Black Card - ridiculous lack of benefits for the AF; compare to the AmEx Platinum and just laugh.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 44 of 45
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

So, what do you guys think are the worst credit card out there now? We all know that subprime and rebuiler cards are a no brainer when trying to choose the worst card.. But what about the worst PRIME credit card? Just because a credit card is prime doesnt mean its a good one! So what do you guys think is the worst prime credit card too??

The worst:  anything from Capital One or BoA.  (not based on my experience just from rumors).

The Worst Prime Cards:  "Rewards" Cards issued by USAA, cuz their "rewards" are absoulty sucky!

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.