Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Time To Apply For Credit!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worst Time To Apply For Credit!

I think this is the worst time to apply for a credit card right now. I was just looking at msnbc an they where getting reports back that people with high credit scores where denied for credit cards msnbc also stated  people with high credit limits don't be surprised if your credit limit is sliced in half evan with good scores an good payments history cause banks are just plan scared.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worst Time To Apply For Credit!

Yes, now you high scoring people know what I feel like everytime I apply.  I wonder if Crap 1 will slice my $300 limit? 
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pappy214 wrote:
Yes, now you high scoring people know what I feel like everytime I apply. 

lol thats not nice.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pappy214 wrote:
Smiley Happy

lol
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats why I am gonna treat it like its GOLD for my 4 new accounts since BK.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope they don't cut my already lowish limits. Ah well.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

trick is pay 2 to 4x the minimum payment amount depending on the company that issues you the credit account, PAY ON TIME!!   limit to 6 INQ or less each year.

Message Edited by SnowWalker on 09-29-2008 04:05 PM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No wonder Hooters declined me and my recons, they must have seen this coming, a decline in their wing sales must be the precursor to a decline in the housing market and a decline in banking.

Oh magic Hooter ball what is the next thing to decline? Besides my next app!  Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 11
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

I agree,  I was going to wait to apply for a BJ's Visa with Juniper for at least another 6 months until my derogs fell off but in light of the declining economy I decided to apply earlier today before the banks get super stingy.  I was approved for $800 which is a mere pittance of a credit line but at least its something I can work with!! I am done applying for at least a year. 
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.