Frequent Contributor
tsquad131

Re: Worth a recon?

he said store card so GE

FICO scores - 727 TU(Walmart)/ 727 EX(Amex app)/ 721 EQ(Discover app)
In My Wallet: BankAmericard Cash Rewards($2,000), Discover More($3,000), Chase Freedom($2,000), Fidelity Amex($1,000), Sam's Club Discover($4,400), SallieMae 5% Mastercard($5,000), Amex BCE($2,000) ,Citi Simplicity($2,000), Paypal SmartConnect($3,100), Walmart Store Card($2,350), Chase Amazon Visa($700), Target RedCard($500), Capital One Cash Rewards($750), Best Buy Store Card($1,900), HHGregg($2,000), Amazon Store Card($1,250),Newegg Preferred Account($2,000), Park West($2,000), BankAmericard Travel Rewards($5,000)
Frequent Contributor
JPersat

Zilch. The guy I spoke to said they can't overlook inquiries. Is that the end-all, or should I try again? If I'm gonna take the pull, I'd like the card...then again, I only lost 2 TU points (FICO) from 4 pulls..I imagine I'll lose more when all the new accounts (USAA times 3 - 2 auto loans(refinances) and 1 credit card, Discover and Walmart) hit. ..

Starting Score: 492 02/12
Current Score: TU: 668 (FICO), EQ: 668 (FICO). EX: 651(lender pull 9/27/12)
Goal Score: 660

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Yeah GECRB isn't known for recons unfortunately...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k | Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Blogger
HiLine

JPersat wrote:

Zilch. The guy I spoke to said they can't overlook inquiries. Is that the end-all, or should I try again? If I'm gonna take the pull, I'd like the card...then again, I only lost 2 TU points (FICO) from 4 pulls..I imagine I'll lose more when all the new accounts (USAA times 3 - 2 auto loans(refinances) and 1 credit card, Discover and Walmart) hit. ..

When you request a reconsideration, the representative will take a look at your credit report, and once they see the inquiries it doesn't matter whether your FICO score is affected by those. I wouldn't overlook hard inquiries just because they have a minimal impact on your credit score. 

Established Contributor
SwiftTone

[ Edited ]

HiLine wrote:

JPersat wrote:

When you request a reconsideration, the representative will take a look at your credit report, and once they see the inquiries it doesn't matter whether your FICO score is affected by those. I wouldn't overlook hard inquiries just because they have a minimal impact on your credit score. 

Ya I wouldn't either. But in this case, multiple ones were for the same auto loan, and many were old.

BCE: $0/$11,200, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$5000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$10,000, Citi Dividend: $400/$2000

EQ FICO - 742
TU FICO - 730
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
New Contributor
pinoyscorpion951

I'm curious about those inquiries also. My brother applied for Amazon Store Card 3 months ago and got approved. HE HAD 21 INQUIRIES!!!!!! Yes 21 inquiries on Transunion and got approved. No recon, approved online. He has a few baddies on his report that are about 4 years old and I believe he told me his TU score was in the mid 600's. I don't understand it either. I tried applying with much fewer inquiries than he did and got denied. Tried to recon it and got denied again. I can't make heads or tails of their approval system. Some people with above average to good credit get denied and others with questionable to horrible credit get approved for ridiculous amounts.

Blogger
HiLine

pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

I'm curious about those inquiries also. My brother applied for Amazon Store Card 3 months ago and got approved. HE HAD 21 INQUIRIES!!!!!! Yes 21 inquiries on Transunion and got approved. No recon, approved online. He has a few baddies on his report that are about 4 years old and I believe he told me his TU score was in the mid 600's. I don't understand it either. I tried applying with much fewer inquiries than he did and got denied. Tried to recon it and got denied again. I can't make heads or tails of their approval system. Some people with above average to good credit get denied and others with questionable to horrible credit get approved for ridiculous amounts.

Each credit card has a specific set of criteria; if you meet the criteria for one particular card you'll get approved, regardless of the rest of your credit history. It's really a lottery for folks with a less than stellar credit history.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+