cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth hard pulls for Schwab's cash back card? (AMEX & Chase downsizing their rewards now)

tag
mrdrum18
New Contributor

Re: Worth hard pulls for Schwab's cash back card? (AMEX & Chase downsizing their rewards now)

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm assuming I have a 700+ EX for sure, by kind of looking at my FAKOs (I know, I know) and the one I got from CreditKarma yesterday. I guess I have perfect history since I have never missed one payment ever. I intentionally changed back to <10% utilization ratio since I learned that 0% is not as good as <10%. I have done 0% all along from 2004-2007 that kept me around 720 FICO. No relationship with BofA at all. I guess I'll go to a Schwab branch and talk to a banker and see how it goes.

I'm not sure how much a Schwab branch can tell you. The card is underwritten and serviced by FIA(BofA).

I was actually initially denied for the card, recon'd and was approved. While the questions of those credit analysts are quite intense and intrusive, I have had good experiences thus far.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worth hard pulls for Schwab's cash back card? (AMEX & Chase downsizing their rewards now)

@mrdrum18 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm assuming I have a 700+ EX for sure, by kind of looking at my FAKOs (I know, I know) and the one I got from CreditKarma yesterday. I guess I have perfect history since I have never missed one payment ever. I intentionally changed back to <10% utilization ratio since I learned that 0% is not as good as <10%. I have done 0% all along from 2004-2007 that kept me around 720 FICO. No relationship with BofA at all. I guess I'll go to a Schwab branch and talk to a banker and see how it goes.

I'm not sure how much a Schwab branch can tell you. The card is underwritten and serviced by FIA(BofA).

I was actually initially denied for the card, recon'd and was approved. While the questions of those credit analysts are quite intense and intrusive, I have had good experiences thus far.

True. I went to the local branch and they could not tell me anything but handing me some brochures and application forms. They told me to call the 1-800-NUMBER. I called and was given nothing but some wait time until I was transferred to the credit card department where the call was dropped. I'm gonna call them back later on the day.

Message 12 of 14
athensguy
Valued Contributor

You can open a Schwab Visa and a Schwab One account at the same time. I like this card. 2% back, 0% FETF, swept monthly so you don't have to reach a threshold before your rewards vest.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eiso - did you ever find out any more information about this?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.